Topic: Built-in Mail List with MySQL/PostgreSQL?

Hi,

Is there any chance to have support for Mail Lists with MySQL/PgSQL backend? I already have quite big configuration with postfixadmin/phpmyadmin, 400+ mailboxes and 200+ "lists" (multi-recipient aliases) and I can't imagine "migrating" all of the lists by hand. What's more, I have almost no experience with LDAP, so I'd prefer to have database backend...

regards,
Ray

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Built-in Mail List with MySQL/PostgreSQL?

The SQL structure used in iRedMail was based on PostfixAdmin in the early stage, and you can still migrate your lists (aliases) to iRedMail by simply exporting "alias" table and importing them into iRedMail.

Of course you should do some test first.

3 (edited by rajmundo 2013-11-12 17:05:03)

Thank you for your answer.

The thing is that I'd like to have all the functionality that iRedMail's Mail List feature provides (access control, moderators), but with SQL backend. Is it possible (in the future)?

With my current configuration I have to use postfix restriction classes edited in shell, which is not very convenient wink Simply importing `alias` table would not change that. I'm I right?

4 (edited by hferreira 2013-11-12 20:13:40)

rajmundo wrote:

Thank you for your answer.

The thing is that I'd like to have all the functionality that iRedMail's Mail List feature provides (access control, moderators), but with SQL backend. Is it possible (in the future)?

With my current configuration I have to use postfix restriction classes edited in shell, which is not very convenient wink Simply importing `alias` table would not change that. I'm I right?

You can always import the data from the alias table on the older server to the alias table in the iredmail database. I'm actually migrating from an old postfix/postfixadmin server to a iRedMail so I'll just give you the scripts that I'm using:

set @d = 'doman.tld'

INSERT INTO vmail.alias (`address`, `goto`, `domain`, `created`,  `modified`, `active`)

SELECT `address`, `goto`, `domain`, `created`,  `modified`, `active` FROM test.alias WHERE domain like @d;

vmail.alias is the iredmail database. Replace with the value that corresponds in your configuration.

test.alias is the old server database. Replace with the correct value for your configuration.

@d is the email domain. If you just have one doamin or want to migrate all domains at the same time remove this and the WHERE clause in the query.

After this in the Pro Panel you'll have the option to add moderators, etc

Thank you very much for comprehensive answer. I assumed that aliases work the same way as in Postfixadmin and was only looking for "Mail List" in the MySQL demo panel. I was wrong. Sorry for my overlook and bother.

Greetings!