Topic: Switch To MailScanner

Hello!  I only recently came across iRedMail and after my initial evaluations, I have to say it's really nice!  Before, I was doing everything by hand and it was just a pain.  Plus, now I get the awesome (when working, more later) iRedAdmin web console.

One thing I wanted to ask was in regards to switching to MailScanner from Amavisd.  Personally, I can't stand Amavisd for several reasons.  The issue I'm having though is getting Postfix to do what I need it to do.  After completing the steps here: http://www.mailscanner.info/postfix.html  any new incoming mail doesn't get put in the HOLD queue, it just gets pushed right to dovecot.  What I've done is just commented out the "content_filter =" in the postfix/main.cf and uncommented the "header_checks =" per the installation guide.

The big issue is that I'm pretty new to dovecot and still learning about all the changes iRedMail makes to the Postfix configuration.  Can anyone shed some insight as to why the header_checks are being ignored and mail is immediately passed to Dovecot upon receipt?

Thanks!

Regards,
Mike

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Switch To MailScanner

compunet wrote:

Can anyone shed some insight as to why the header_checks are being ignored and mail is immediately passed to Dovecot upon receipt?

It's better to post your header_checks rules so that other users can help you. smile

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

It's better to post your header_checks rules so that other users can help you. smile

That's why I put the link in there smile  So the header_checks just contains:

In the file /etc/postfix/header_checks add this line:

/^Received:/ HOLD 

But I just noticed that there are multiple header_checks lines in the main.cf, the main one in the default main.cf and one I believe that iRedMail added:

header_checks = pcre:/etc/postfix/header_checks.pcre

If I remember correctly, Postfix will use the last item if there are duplicates, which would mean my header_checks declaration would be overwritten.  I'll try that and go from there.

Thanks for the reply!

-Mike

Hi Mike,
Did this solve your issue?