Topic: Quota issue

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: iRedAdmin-Pro-v1.7.0 (MySQL)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): Mysql
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS release 6.3 (Final)
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hello,

Created a domain and set 1G quota to the domain.
Created 20 email accounts under the domain, each having 100M quota.
Then we can see that the total quota becomes 20 X 100=2G which exceeds domain quota.
It seems to be a bug. Kindly have a look and please let us know the solutions.

Regards
Rahul

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Quota issue

rahul wrote:

Did you create those 20 email accounts within iRedAdmin-Pro, or with other tools/scripts?

3 (edited by rahul 2013-10-29 19:02:00)

Hello Zhang,

Accounts are created with the (python) script only.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
rahul wrote:

Did you create those 20 email accounts within iRedAdmin-Pro, or with other tools/scripts?

rahul wrote:

Accounts are created with the (python) script only.

The script won't check domain quota at all, so please change quota size after you created them with iRedAdmin-Pro instead.

Hello,

Okey, I will try. Actually we have more than 50 email accounts (and its not 20) which are migrated from cPanel. So we preferred to use script here rather than manual creation. It would be nice if you provide a solution for creating mass email accounts too wink . Anyway, I have a simple question in my case:

The domain quota is 1GB. So can I create more than 50 email accounts each having a quota of 100MB, using iRedAdmin-Pro interface?

rahul wrote:

The domain quota is 1GB. So can I create more than 50 email accounts each having a quota of 100MB, using iRedAdmin-Pro interface?

No, iRedAdmin-Pro will check allocated mailbox quota before creating new mail user.

Hello,

Did you mean we can create only a maximum of 10 email accounts (quota: 100MB) on this domain (quota: 1GB)?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
rahul wrote:

No, iRedAdmin-Pro will check allocated mailbox quota before creating new mail user.

Dear Zhang,

"The domain quota is 1GB. So can I create more than 50 email accounts each having a quota of 100MB, using iRedAdmin-Pro interface?"

In this question, I meant 50 new accounts (blank accounts).

So did you mean we can create only a maximum of 10 new email accounts (quota: 100MB) on this domain (quota: 1GB)?

rahul wrote:

Hello,

Did you mean we can create only a maximum of 10 email accounts (quota: 100MB) on this domain (quota: 1GB)?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
rahul wrote:

You can create as many users as you want, and you can assign user A 200MB mailbox quota, user B 300MB mailbox quota, but the amount of all mailbox quotas must be less than or equal to domain quota (1GB in your case). Hope it's clear now.

Yes, It's clear and thank you for your reply. I have tested it out.

The following is the error message that I got while adding additional users.

==
Error: You can NOT create more users under domain mydomain.com. No free domain quota left.
==

From this I understood that when an email account is created under a domain, it reserves its allowed space.

In our case, it's very difficult to manage email hosting, as it is containing more than 50 accounts on a domain with 1 GB quota.

See, as per iRedMail, if we want to create 50 email accounts, under a domain of 1GB quota, we can only put at most 20MB as the disk quota for each email account. Am I right? Also if we need to create additional email accounts over this, we have to play with the quota again and that will be a big headache. It would be nice if each email accounts share the available disk space in the domain until the domain quota gets full (like cPanel).

Hope you understand our problem.

rahul wrote:

See, as per iRedMail, if we want to create 50 email accounts, under a domain of 1GB quota, we can only put at most 20MB as the disk quota for each email account. Am I right? Also if we need to create additional email accounts over this, we have to play with the quota again and that will be a big headache. It would be nice if each email accounts share the available disk space in the domain until the domain quota gets full (like cPanel).

Understand now, but still no idea how to adjust current iRedMail settings to implement this. I created a ticket to help you track this feature: https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredmail/issu … ithout-per

You can try to adjust related quota settings in Dovecot config file for this domain-level quota, but i didn't try it before.