Topic: Multiple dovecot server single storage (NFS/SAN)

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I am implementing a mail system that can use more than one IMAP server. Each IMAP stores the mail including its hostname on the message name e.g.

1383312180.M438558P26931.imap1.test.com,S=3334,W=3429
1383312182.M438558P26932.imap2.test.com,S=3334,W=3429

Now when you connect to imap1.test.com you cannot see mails for imap2.test.com on the mail client. How can i configure to be able to see all mails?

Current config for mail is: mail_location = maildir:/%Lh/Maildir/:INDEX=/%Lh/Maildir/

Regards

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Multiple dovecot server single storage (NFS/SAN)

*) I don't think the file name of email message matters, Dovecot can recognize the email no matter what its file name is. Neither of your "mail_location =" setting (it's the default one set by iRedMail).

*) What you need to do is storing all mail messages in the same location. For example, mount your NAS sharing as /nas/ on all servers, then use /nas/ to store mailboxes. And mail user on all Dovecot servers must have the same maildir, so that Dovecot can recognize mails added by other Dovecot servers.

Re: Multiple dovecot server single storage (NFS/SAN)

Thanks. I will do that and revert.