Topic: Can send but not receive
==== Required information ====
ubuntu server 12.04 LTS
all logs are clean
==== Additional information ====
* greylisting: off
* hostname: mail.mydomain.tld (changed for privacy reasons)
* hosting mx: setup with namecheap, using MXE, pointing to my server IP (https://www.namecheap.com/support/knowl … .aspx/579/)
* on comcast but correctly sending through port 587 (via postfix)
* able to send and receive internally
* mx pointed to correct ip, http://mxlookup.online-domain-tools.com/ confirms it
* dns pointing to correct ip, managed via A record
* ports 587,993,995,80,443 are open to public and working correctly on both the router and iptables
* Sent a test email from my work email (different server) and got this:
A temporary error occurred while delivering to the following address(es):
<email@example.com>: 451 All MX servers are unavailable for domain mydomain.tld
So I'm really really close to having this working, however, inbound email never makes it to the inbox. Also, upon checking the logs, I see no reference of any inbound emails attempting to contact the server.
This is my first time setting up a mail server, so I'm a little lost on the receiving email part. I have a suspicion that I shouldn't be using namecheaps MXE configuration.. but I really can't figure out how to set up MX records correctly.
Since my hostname is mail.mydomain.tld, how do I tell the MX record how to talk to my box? If I look up my domain using an MX search site, it shows mail.mydomain.tld and my servers IP. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
----Urgent issue? Pay iRedMail developer to solve it remotely at $29.