Topic: How to setup smtp address on virtual domains?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.5
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 12.0.4
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi,
I have successfully setup iRedMail on DigitalOcean's droplet. I can also add virtual domains from iRedAdmin panel. From RoundCube, I can send and receive emails just fine.
Now the problem is when I want to setup IMAP on Thunderbird. The valid smtp address seems to be the domain where I have iRedMail installed on.
iRedMail was installed on a droplet with IP 1.2.3.4 and mail.domain1.com. DNS records for domain1.com contain only A record of "mail" which point to IP 1.2.3.4
I also have domain2.com and domain3.com which are installed on separate droplet with IP 5.6.7.8. In the DNS records I added A record of "mail" which point to the mail server's IP 1.2.3.4 for both domain2.com and domain3.com. These two domains also have spf record that has text value of "v=spf1 ip4:1.2.3.4 -all"
Now when I setup my email client (IMAP), I can only use mail.domain1.com as my smtp address. When I tried using mail.domain2.com and mail.domain3.com, I got errors. My guess is I need somehow map mail.domain2.com and mail.domain3.com into postfix configuration. However I'm clueless on how to do this.
Is this the limitation of iRedMail community edition? If not, could you please tell me how to do this properly so I can setup my mail client with the following setup:
smtp-host: mail.domain2.com
user: user@domain2.com
smtp-host: mail.domain3.com
user: user@domain3.com
best regards.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: How to setup smtp address on virtual domains?

carbotex wrote:

smtp-host: mail.domain2.com
smtp-host: mail.domain3.com

Just point them to the real mail server.

carbotex wrote:

domain2.com and domain3.com which are installed on separate droplet with IP 5.6.7.8.

Is it a mail server or just web server? Which server hosts those two mail domains?