Topic: Synchronizeing Problem - Outlook calendar / Contacts with Roundcube

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.3
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDThrAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu Linux 12.4
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:

Hi,

We have installed almost all Roundcube Plugins in our iRedmail Server. Now we are facing the issue regarding the Sync problem with Outlook and Roundcube. Calender and contacts are not Sync with Outlook and Roundcube and also with the iPhone. 

Can give a suggestion or guide me to solve this issue?

Thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Synchronizeing Problem - Outlook calendar / Contacts with Roundcube

Hi @pravinbubby,

Roundcube cannot sync calendar and contacts with Outlook.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Hi @pravinbubby,

Roundcube cannot sync calendar and contacts with Outlook.

Hi Zhang,

Is there any other possibility to Sync outlook and roundcube, i mean any third party software we can use for this ? If its possible can you please suggest me some.

Thanks
Praveen

No idea yet, sorry.

Try Tine20, see http://www.tine20.org/

If you use AD as your authentication source, you can add an LDAP addressbook from within Outlook with browse capabilities (just be sure to specify the correct OU as the search base or it will return every single AD object - there are a lot).  As far as calendaring goes, if you download the myroundcube plugin and shell out 8 bucks for calendar_plus, you can expose it via caldav/ics, which are compatible with Outlook.  This is my preferred solution when migrating people from Exchange; it keeps them happy.

I avoid Apple products like the plague, can't help you there, sorry.

If users set their sieve rules at the roundcube level, it will affect their outlook installations globally (dovecot will sort it long before Outlook gets the messages).  This is as close as I've gotten to full exchange-like functionality thus far, but I'm always looking for ways to improve.

This should work with samba 4.0 as well, although I have not tried.  OpenLDAP doesn't support browse afaik, so the users would have to search for individual names.

Zhang -- Would the community be interested in a full exchange migration howto with the above to be posted in the wiki?

bitskrieg wrote:

Zhang -- Would the community be interested in a full exchange migration howto with the above to be posted in the wiki?

Absolutely, please don't hesitate to share with our community. smile Thanks very much.