Topic: Delete files from filesystem

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.5
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: FreeBSD 9.1
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi,
I know it was being already discussed but still: Do you plan to implement feature for deleting mailboxes from filesystem after it's deleted in iRedAdmin?
It's more problematic then it seems. Some users solve their full mailbox by deleting it and creating new one. But if files are still present on the filesystem, after mailbox is created again, mails are still there.
I could even sponsor this feature and I bet there could be more users who could be willing to sponsor it smile

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Delete files from filesystem

Little update:
I can go in the way of deleting mailboxes by a script run by cron and fetch mailboxes from table "deleted_mailboxes". But even if I delete some mailbox, it's still empty. And yes, I have a license for Pro version of iRedAdmin.
Could you please give me a hint?

Thanks.

javon wrote:

I can go in the way of deleting mailboxes by a script run by cron and fetch mailboxes from table "deleted_mailboxes". But even if I delete some mailbox, it's still empty. And yes, I have a license for Pro version of iRedAdmin.

Sorry, what do you mean "delete some mailbox, it's still empty"?

I tried to delete the mailbox a@b.com throught the iRedAdmin-Pro. But there is no record in the table deleted_mailboxes in the database iredadmin.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
javon wrote:

Sorry, what do you mean "delete some mailbox, it's still empty"?

javon wrote:

I tried to delete the mailbox a@b.com throught the iRedAdmin-Pro. But there is no record in the table deleted_mailboxes in the database iredadmin.

This feature is available in iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL-1.7.0. Are you running v1.7.0? If not, please upgrade it first.

Yes, I am:
iRedAdmin-Pro     v1.7.0 (MySQL)

JV

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
javon wrote:

This feature is available in iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL-1.7.0. Are you running v1.7.0? If not, please upgrade it first.

Any record in sql table "vmail.deleted_mailboxes"? MySQL and PostgreSQL backends will log in "vmail.deleted_mailboxes", OpenLDAP logs in "iredadmin.deleted_mailboxes" instead.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Any record in sql table "vmail.deleted_mailboxes"? MySQL and PostgreSQL backends will log in "vmail.deleted_mailboxes", OpenLDAP logs in "iredadmin.deleted_mailboxes" instead.

Of course it is there.. I apologize, I've been checking a table in a different database.