1 (edited by nakadai 2013-09-21 09:07:14)

Topic: "No input file specified" in browser after fresh install

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.5
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: FreeBSD 9
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: No input file specified. (in web browser only)
====

Hi, got this message after a fresh install of iRedMail : "No input file specified."
It appears in browser when I try to access any web service installed by iRedMail, even if I direct the URI to a file (i.e server.com/roundcube/index.php).

iRedMail has been installed in a clean jail (just created for the occasion). It accesses a DNS (through /etc/resolve.conf) which is in another jail on the same server (so iRedMail's jail is 192.x.x.52 and DNS's jail is 192.x.x.51). The DNS server works like a charm, I can access my other web services through remote domain name. I used the mx domain name as host name (mail.xxx.com).

The other Jail run nginx though, so I'm not too familiar with Apache. I checked the config files and all seem ok (they're the one created by iRedMail during install). /etc/hosts and /etc/resolv.conf are populated. I also checked all the logs, from all services running (the one installed by iRedMail), and everything's working, no errors. Turning on "debug" mode didn't change the message in the web browser.

I tried to google the error, but nothing relevant went out. I also checked this forum for something similar with no result. So I post here now if by any chance someone has a solution for that. I can provide more informations as needed.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: "No input file specified" in browser after fresh install

I believe there's something with your Nginx config. Maybe fastcgi part.

Well, this jail is on Apache, not nginx. But I believe that an error with the Apache settings might be the cause too. Although what I don't understand, is that it's a fresh jail, clean, without anything else but iRedMail, and that the out of the box settings are not working... I thought iRedMail would have settings that work once installed, no ?

It should work as expected after installation.

I didn't get the same error message (No input file specified) with Apache before, but it happens with Nginx. Still no idea yet.
Any related log in Apache log file?

No, nothing in httpd-*.log, at least nothing related. Strange because those web apps installed are the same that goes with the ports, and I never got issues with round cube before...

Do you think that even though they are in separate jails, nginx and apache could interfere with each other ? Maybe the issue actually lies within my dns server (dnsmasq) ?

nakadai wrote:

Do you think that even though they are in separate jails, nginx and apache could interfere with each other ?

No.

nakadai wrote:

Maybe the issue actually lies within my dns server (dnsmasq) ?

No idea.