Topic: E-mail stopped reaching to other domains with attachments.

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.3
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6.4 Final
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: maillog
====

Hi,

Today suddenly many mails with attachments stopped reaching at other domains. No changes had been made on server and nothing new applied. I received this issue after a year now once implemented iredmail in organization.

maillog shows..
Aug 28 18:25:03 mail amavis[3392]: (03392-16) Passed CLEAN, MYNETS/MYUSERS LOCAL [172.16.1.85] [172.16.1.85] <sam@myiredmaildomain.com> -> <ketan@mygoogledomain.com>, Message-ID: <03f901cea412$b9d82580$2d887080$@co.uk>, mail_id: vmgdR5Ut6n1m, Hits: -9.999, size: 25788, queued_as: DFD39200358, 2660 ms
Aug 28 18:25:04 mail postfix/smtp[3506]: 17BE120194F: to=<ketan@mygoogledomain.com>, relay=127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]:10024, delay=365, delays=2.1/360/0.01/2.7, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 from MTA([127.0.0.1]:10025): 250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as DFD39200358)
Aug 28 18:25:05 mail postfix/smtp[3081]: DFD39200358: to=<ketan@mygoogledomain.com>, relay=aspmx.l.google.com[173.194.79.27]:25, delay=1.7, delays=0.01/0.01/0.75/0.88, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 OK)

it shows emails have sent successfully but at other end domain email are not coming at all with attachments, neither getting any failure delivery messages back.

Can someone guide where to look this issue and rectify the same?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: E-mail stopped reaching to other domains with attachments.

Sorry, we cannot help without related log. sad

hi Zhang,

What sort of logs do you require to trace the issue?

You sent out email, no error log on your server (especially no error in Postfix log file), but mail just not arrived at recipient's mailbox?

OK, did the email mentioned in the log you pasted reach its destination (@gmail.com)? Or this log is not related to this issue?
is it possible that mail server serves recipient dropped your email without notifying sender (you)? Or network issue?

Hi Zhang,

No email which was sent over to gamil was not reached on its inbox, neither its SPAM box. The log is just the entry when email is being sent from the E-mail ID to gmail domain. No I am seeing many user's complaints that emails are not reaching to other users on various Domains. I even checked all SPAMHAUS database where my domain and respective IPs are clean not in their blocked list.

I spotted new issue today that if a user is sending a document file which has extension .DOC and more then 15 characters file name, email is not reaching to other domains. But when the same file is zipped with same name (more then 15 characters) it is reaching to other domains.

When same file is saved in other extension e.g.  .DOCX email is reaching to other domains. I am still confused why this type of behavior is happening from iRedMail server after running over a year.

Can anyone guide further as it is now becoming critical for business?

*) Do you have any Postfix header check or body check rules to block this kind of attachment?
*) Do you have any rules to block attachment in Amavisd? If so, there must be some related log in log file.

No Zhang,

Nothing is added or amended in configuration from last year, we even did not updated our iRedMail server from 0.8.3 to 0.8.4 to 0.8.5 to avoid major issues in live environment but this started suddenly that other domain users not getting E-mails sometimes and some are getting one email and second is not getting. I checked maillogs but nothing unusual found as everything shows normal so thought to raised issue on forum to get some idea.

Well, it's hard for us to help troubleshoot without related log.

*) If not log in all log files, especially in Postfix, then maybe sender server didn't contact your mail server at all, or it's blocked/rejected/discarded by your firewall/router/etc.
*) If sender server connected to your server, there must be some log in Postfix log file. if so, please try to extract related log.

Hi Zang,

I have attached my entire maillog file for review. where a user krupali.patel@myiredmaildomain tries to send Emails with attachments to other google domain users or on to hotmail.co.uk or others, emails are going fine not showing any issues in logs but at other end emails are not received.

When there is a single DOC file it is not getting delivered, when she zip the same DOC file and sends back still it is not received at other end. We are also not getting any delivery failure notice or anything from other domains. We checked DKIM signing and SPF records which are also fine, no blocking on Spamhause database but still don't know why emails are not getting delivered at other end.

Request you to look into it and guide further if found anything as I think due to this issue we will have to close down our server and move on to other suppliers which I do not want to do.

Please extract related log and paste here, don't be lazy and shift your workload to others.