Topic: Deleted Accounts not Deleted
======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.5
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6.2
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
Still evaluating the free version of iRedMail before I consider upgrading.
I realise that accounts are not deleted from the file system by design, although I can't imagine how or why this is a good idea. On an active server -- which mine will be, as it's replacing an existing non-iRedMail server -- this will just lead to the accumulation of cruft and wasted disk space.
That said, I saw a reference in "Remove mailboxes when deleting user" to the "deleted_mailboxes" table, with a suggestion that a cron job could be run to remove old mailboxes from the file system. However, when I delete an account / mail box, nothing is added to this table.
1) Why is nothing added to the "deleted_mailboxes" table, and how can I run a cron job if there's nothing in there?
2) Does the current Pro version support deleting accounts from the file system on demand, or must it be done manually or via a cron job? If the latter, is it working?
- Urgent issue? Pay iRedMail developer to solve it remotely at $39.