Topic: SMTP (450) Cannot Find Domain

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====I have two mail servers on one internet connection. They are using different Static IP's.

Recently, I began getting this error for any emails that I attempt to send from domain B (iredmail) to domain A (exchange).

I can't send the other way, but exchange is not showing any errors.

I have updated both the main hosts and resolv.conf as well as the ones in /var/spool/postfix/etc

Do you have any other advice?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: SMTP (450) Cannot Find Domain

cbstech wrote:

Do you have any other advice?

*) Please show us original full error message, we cannot help without related log.
*) Make sure you have correct DNS records for both domains.

The client-side message is as follows:
SMTP Error (450): Failed to add recipient "****@exchange.com" (4.1.2 <****@exchange.com>: Recipient address rejected: Domain not found).

From /var/mail.log:
Sep 12 08:26:22 IREDMAIL-SERVER postfix/smtpd[9359]: connect from localhost[127.0.0.1]
Sep 12 08:26:22 IREDMAIL-SERVER postfix/smtpd[9359]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from localhost[127.0.0.1]: 450 4.1.2 <****@exchange>: Recipient address rejected: Domain not found; from=<$$$$@iredmail> to=<****@exchange> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail.iredmail>
Sep 12 08:26:22 IREDMAIL-SERVER roundcube: Invalid response code received from server (450):

Sep 12 08:26:22 IREDMAIL-SERVER roundcube: SMTP Error: SMTP error: Failed to add recipient '****@exchange' in /usr/share/apache2/roundcubemail-0.7/program/include/main.inc on line 1745 (POST /webmail/?_unlock=loading1378999579276&_lang=undefined?_task=mail&_action=send)

Sep 12 08:26:22 IREDMAIL-SERVER postfix/smtpd[9359]: disconnect from localhost[127.0.0.1]

Do you need any other information? I am happy to provide it.

I can ping both servers by their external domain addresses and they resolve to the internal IP's just fine from any workstation on the network as well as the servers. I am using Server 2008 as my exchange server and I have inputted over-writing MX records in to potentially fix this issue, but it did not work.

cbstech wrote:

Sep 12 08:26:22 IREDMAIL-SERVER postfix/smtpd[9359]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from localhost[127.0.0.1]: 450 4.1.2 <****@exchange>: Recipient address rejected: Domain not found; from=<$$$$@iredmail> to=<****@exchange> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail.iredmail>

Postfix verifies the recipient domain before it queues the submitted mail message. Why not just use a valid mail domain name?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
cbstech wrote:

Postfix verifies the recipient domain before it queues the submitted mail message. Why not just use a valid mail domain name?

They are both valid domain names coastal-business.com & cbsvcare.com

Are they have correct A and MX DNS records?

Are they have correct A and MX DNS records?

I checked domain 'coastal-business.com', its MX record points to domain name 'mail.coastal-business.com' which points to IP address '208.180.37.170'.
Domain 'cbsvcare.com', its MX record points to domain name 'mail.cbsvcare.com' which points to IP address '208.180.37.174'.

Which is internal IP address? Please show us real domain name in Postfix log.