1 (edited by robert.schuster 2013-09-12 19:32:17)

Topic: Whislist for migration to iRedAdmin-Pro (MySql)

I'm going eventually to replace my current mailserver solution (free version of mailcleaner; mailcleaner.org) with iRedAdmin-Pro for MySQL backend, but missing a few features:

per domain configurable smtp-callout to an another system (if the domain is forwarded to another host)

per user/domain/server configurable archiving method which sends the messages without any adresschanges to another host:port
just like it is possible with amavisd for the whole server:

$archive_quarantine_method = 'smtp:[212.79.184.19]:2500'; #
# $archive_quarantine_to = 'archive-quarantine'; # rewrite local part of recipient address 
$archive_quarantine_to = '%a'; # keep recipient address
@archive_quarantine_to_maps = (\$archive_quarantine_to);
$mailfrom_to_quarantine = undef;  # undef keeps original sender

per user/domain/server configurable spam/quarantine reporting (with configurable mail teplates) and an user interface to release such messages

one button (and cmd) backup/restore for configuration and/or content to activate an already prepared standby system in a very short time

domain-aliases
customer has several domains which all have the same settings and are all forwarded to the same mailbox server (i.e. ms-exchange)

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Whislist for migration to iRedAdmin-Pro (MySql)

robert.schuster wrote:

per domain configurable smtp-callout to an another system (if the domain is forwarded to another host)

Sorry, what do you mean "smtp-callout"?

robert.schuster wrote:

per user/domain/server configurable archiving method which sends the messages without any adresschanges to another host:port
just like it is possible with amavisd for the whole server:

$archive_quarantine_method = 'smtp:[212.79.184.19]:2500'; #
# $archive_quarantine_to = 'archive-quarantine'; # rewrite local part of recipient address 
$archive_quarantine_to = '%a'; # keep recipient address
@archive_quarantine_to_maps = (\$archive_quarantine_to);
$mailfrom_to_quarantine = undef;  # undef keeps original sender

If this works for you on old server, it should work on iRedMail.

robert.schuster wrote:

per user/domain/server configurable spam/quarantine reporting (with configurable mail teplates) and an user interface to release such messages

It's server-wide configuration, not per-user/domain. You can release or delete quarantined mails with iRedAdmin-Pro (only domain admin can do this).

robert.schuster wrote:

one button (and cmd) backup/restore for configuration and/or content to activate an already prepared standby system in a very short time

With iRedMail, you don't need to backup/restore config files of Postfix/Amavisd/Dovecot/etc, just backup your mailboxes, mail accounts (and SQL databases), then re-install iRedMail and restore them.

robert.schuster wrote:

domain-aliases
customer has several domains which all have the same settings and are all forwarded to the same mailbox server (i.e. ms-exchange)

Supported.

I suggest trying to setup an iRedMail server on virtual machine (or testing server) first, make sure you have all required features running before migrating.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Sorry, what do you mean "smtp-callout"?

receipient verfication against an other server either thrue smtp or via LDAP-query
In my test installation (iRedmail free) it works against the local users (when mx=0) but I need it against the relay server for the given domain
When I switch to mx=1 then no receipient verfication is done at all

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

If this works for you on old server, it should work on iRedMai

Yes, ist works with iRedmail.
Unfortunately just for the whole server
I would like to have it on a server/domain/user basis

robert.schuster wrote:

When I switch to mx=1 then no receipient verfication is done at all

You can enable Postfix parameter "relay_recipient_maps" for this purpose, it's almost same as smtpd_sender_login_maps.

robert.schuster wrote:

Yes, ist works with iRedmail.
Unfortunately just for the whole server
I would like to have it on a server/domain/user basis

iRedMail runs Amavisd, it's same as your old server. If you can achieve it with Amavisd on old server, it should work with iRedMail.

It seems you dont understand me:

RELAY PROBLEM:
If I set mx=1 adress verification is switched off completely - I dont want this!

mx=0 verifies all adresses againt the "virtual mailbox table"
This is O.K. for local domains/users which are using roundcube as mailreader

This is not O.K. for relayed domains to another server because I dont want to maintain an extra relaymap. The standard postfix behavior is to verify against the given relay host for this domain (default_transport). Of course this setting can be overruled by a given address_verify_default_transport map. Unfortunately neither the first one nor the other ae functional with iRedmail.
My question is why?

ARCHIVING PROBLEM:
It works with iRedmail!
Again: My question is how to set the "mail is archived" not just for the whole server, but for just a few domains or a single user.
This by the way is not a questionhow to do this, this is a feature request
See the subject: WHISLIST

robert.schuster wrote:

RELAY PROBLEM:
If I set mx=1 adress verification is switched off completely - I dont want this!
mx=0 verifies all adresses againt the "virtual mailbox table"
This is O.K. for local domains/users which are using roundcube as mailreader
This is not O.K. for relayed domains to another server because I dont want to maintain an extra relaymap. The standard postfix behavior is to verify against the given relay host for this domain (default_transport). Of course this setting can be overruled by a given address_verify_default_transport map. Unfortunately neither the first one nor the other ae functional with iRedmail.
My question is why?

If you mark a domain as backup mx (set mx=1), how do you verify all addresses? query 'virtual mailbox table' too?
I don't think Postfix will verify address against the given relay host for this domain, and it should be 'relay_transport', not 'default_transport'. relay_transport is set to 'relay' by default, it doesn't verify address.

I'm still not very clear what you want about this question/wishlist.

robert.schuster wrote:

ARCHIVING PROBLEM:
It works with iRedmail!
Again: My question is how to set the "mail is archived" not just for the whole server, but for just a few domains or a single user.
This by the way is not a questionhow to do this, this is a feature request
See the subject: WHISLIST

Maybe you can try to define your own $policy_bank, then list certain domains/users as member of this $policy_bank.
I didn't try it before, you have to try it yourself, or ask in Amavisd mailing list.