1 (edited by j.smith1981 2013-09-12 15:50:21)

Topic: Postfix Sending Emails Properly Virtually (sends from original domain)

Is there anyway I can get postfix to go for the mail domain of who is actually sending the email?

I have set roundcube up to use webmail from a remote host (IMAP client on another server to the mail server) works but it's not sending it from that clients domain (or email domain) as per my logs below (what I found).

Is there anyway of modifying postifix (or adding some configs) to support multiple mail domains rather than the mail domain it was initially configured to?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:  0.8.4
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL v5
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  CentOS 6.4 x64
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: Just that when I see the logs of sending the email to the smtp server, comes up with the mail server address of the default, not the one from the user sending it like say my mailserver is mail.mydomain1.com and I want it to send to mail.mydomain2.com it just sends it from mail.mydomain1.com
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Postfix Sending Emails Properly Virtually (sends from original domain)

Please show us original full error message. and, I don't quite understand your issue. sad

3 (edited by j.smith1981 2013-09-13 16:18:56)

Re: Postfix Sending Emails Properly Virtually (sends from original domain)

Oh I think I may have sorted it out.

I installed iRedMail (exactly the same version, I found the out of date message and just blocked the if statement in the bash script) it's ok honestly this won't be available to the public (nor is my live server either, whilst I upgrade it anyway manually).

It's just say I was using mail.mydomain2.co.uk as the POP and IMAP services right in outlook?

I have iRedMail setup (from the install anyways) as mail.mydomain1.co.uk

I see in there that it was handled by mail.mydomain1.co.uk but I want it all to be handled by mail.mydomain2.co.uk are you with me?

I hope this helps explain what I am after, reason being I checked on a good DKIM reflector, that it scored quite low for valid mail as opposed to spam because of this.