- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: iRedMail-0.8.5
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 6.4
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

First, thanks for putting this together and supporting it for all of us!

I'm posting this in case it helps someone else who runs into the same problems.

I recently installed iRedMail and ended up tracking down a few problems which were related to my default umask of 007.

A few of the installed files/directories ended up being unreadable by the various daemons and caused a variety of problems.  I recommend that users set their umask to 022 or 002 before running iRedMail.sh -- this should prevent the problems that I encountered.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Installation umask

As far as i know, default umask on Linux is 0022. Just curious, why you set it to 007?

I use the same .bashrc file on every box.  Some of our systems have a lot of "guest" users and this way, if I accidentally leave a "sensitive" file in a public place guests still can't see what's inside.

Hi cayuga,

is it possible for you to help test umask issue? Just append below line in file 'conf/global' under iRedMail directory, then start installation:

export umask=0022

Let's see whether we can make sure iRedMail installation successfully complete with a temporary umask.

I've already put this server into production, but I don't mind trying another installation.  It might take me a few days to get to it, but I will do it and get back to you.

Thanks very much for your help. smile