==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.4
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  CentOS 6.4
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:  n/a
====

Hi,

I run iredmail for long and I noticed one thing:

1. if client send mail without TLS enabled (no security enabled) then mail is delivered to destination also without using tls. (server to server communication also without security)

2. I tried to force server to server to use tls if posible but every time I change something it afects both client to smtp server and server to server setings.

So I want unsecured client mails that come to my server to be delivered securly (server to server)

I tried changin values of:

smtp_tls_security_level

setting it to encript is not good idea as if destination server does not support tls mail wont be delivered but in any other way I was unable to force unsecurly recieved mail to be delivered securly.

Is it posible at all?

and if yes that I miss?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: SMTPS force

No idea yet, sorry.

Hello,
I had the same problem - incomming (smtpd) TLS is working, OK. But when I send emails to TLS enabled recipients, there was no TLS used.

This settings fixed this issue for me through:
smtp_tls_security_level = may
smtp_tls_loglevel = 0
smtp_tls_CAfile = /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt

Is there any reason why is this disbled by default in iRedMail?

Hi vlastikcz,

iRedMail doesn't enable it by default. But as you suggested, we should enable it by default. Will try to fix it in next release.

UPDATE:

Enabled 'smtp_tls_security_level = may' in Postfix by default:
https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredmail/comm … 4bd5182470