Topic: Drop support for Gentoo in next iRedMail release?

Dear iRedMail users,

We realized not many users deploy iRedMail on Gentoo, so we're going to drop support for Gentoo in next release - iRedMail-0.9.0.
Please let me know if you're running Gentoo with iRedMail.

Feedback, suggestions, feature requests are always welcome. smile

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

2 (edited by PhilipJFry 2012-11-25 06:21:21)

Re: Drop support for Gentoo in next iRedMail release?

+1 for not dropping support.

If you do drop Gentoo could it be left in but marked as unsupported, Most Gentoo users don't mind getting their hands dirty when it comes to compiling code and debugging scripts

Thanks for all your work so far. Will continue to use iRedMail on Gentoo with or without support.

3 (edited by PhilipJFry 2012-11-25 23:02:13)

Just been checking the current state of iRedMail on an upto date Gentoo. So far the only issue I have found is the make.conf file has been moved from /etc to /etc/portage. Just a couple of lines in the conf/core file to update

Thanks

PhilipJFry wrote:

Just been checking the current state of iRedMail on an upto date Gentoo. So far the only issue I have found is the make.conf file has been moved from /etc to /etc/portage. Just a couple of lines in the conf/core file to update

Thanks for your remind, will fix it later.

== UPDATE ==
Fixed: https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredmail/chan … 73be858975

Please do not drop Gentoo support. I tried IRedMail on OpenSuse, Debian and Gentoo. IRedMail on Gentoo is the best mail server.  Low memory requirements (128Mb in VirtualBox), easy to install, maintain and tune for top performance. Very simple install and maintain mail and web server for small business, etc.

Thanks in advance for not dropping Gentoo support.

Hans

The problem is just few users running iRedMail on Gentoo.

I must admit I made the switch from Gentoo to debian for my iRedMail server. I still use gentoo for pretty much everything else I just find I spend less time maintaining iRedMail on debian.