Topic: iRedMail-0.8.5 unable to connect to the database!

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.5
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 12.04 x86
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I installed iRedMail-0.8.5 on my VPS but when I try to visit it, I get:

>> DATABASE ERROR: CONNECTION FAILED!
>> Unable to connect to the database!
>> Please contact your server-administrator.

I went to /root/iRedMail-0.8.5/config
and I can see the logins to phpmyadmin are correct.

MySQL server is running normally and I didn't install iRedMail on a fresh install of Ubuntu Server.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedMail-0.8.5 unable to connect to the database!

snitz wrote:

MySQL server is running normally and I didn't install iRedMail on a fresh install of Ubuntu Server.

iRedMail is designed to be deployed on a FRESH server OS.

Hello
I have installed 0.8.5 on debian iredmail 7 when finish installing the webmail interface not connecting the database

Any solution?

thanks

Hi rubempro,

Did you install iRedMail on a FRESH Debian 7? Do other components work as expected?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
snitz wrote:

iRedMail is designed to be deployed on a FRESH server OS.

This would imply that mysql and apache are not installed prior and iRedMail installs for me. ??????????   Not clear .

Nevering wrote:

This would imply that mysql and apache are not installed prior and iRedMail installs for me. ??????????   Not clear .

On iredmail.org home page, section "What iRedMail does":

What iRedMail does

Install and configure mail server related BINARY packages automatically from the official software repositories provided by Linux/BSD distribution venders.

Note: on FreeBSD, packages are installed with ports tree.

Well, i updated installation guide moment ago, it mentions iRedMail will install and configure them for you automatically. Hope it's clear now.

WARNING: iRedMail is designed to be deployed on a FRESH server system, which means your server does NOT have mail related components installed, e.g. MySQL, OpenLDAP, Postfix, Dovecot, Amavisd, etc (iRedMail will install and configure them for you automatically). Otherwise it may override your existing files/configurations althought it will backup files before modifing, and it may be not working as expected.