1 (edited by fengvon 2013-08-24 21:00:13)

Topic: Is it possible to change LDAP port before install iRedMail?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.5
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi Zhang,

Is that possible to change the LDAP listening port before running the iRedMail.sh installation script?

I changed it to 7389 in "openldap" of the "conf" folder and it seems to install without error, however, can't login to webmail or iredamin panel.

Thanks,
Marvel

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Is it possible to change LDAP port before install iRedMail?

Unfortunately, iRedMail doesn't config port number in OpenLDAP config file and rc script, so it won't work for you this way.
Currently, you should use default port 389 to complete installation first, then update necessary files to make OpenLDAP listen on port 7389, update related config files to make Postfix/Dovecot/Amavisd/etc connect to LDAP server through port 7389.

3 (edited by fengvon 2013-08-26 19:40:27)

Re: Is it possible to change LDAP port before install iRedMail?

Hi Zhang,

Thank you for your advice, yes I changed the port after installed and it was running find. This change is aiming for integrate with SOGo with Outlook native support plus Z-Push. Z-Push is easy, now working on SOGo with Outlook.

here list configs of LDAP port that need to be changed if others is doing the same project: (Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, iRedMail 0.8.5)

/etc/ldap/ldap.conf
/etc/default/slapd
/etc/postfix/ldap/*.cf

(last time that I changed the setup file that changed all above for me but forget to change belows that actually make the system works)
/etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf
/usr/share/apache2/roundcubemail-0.9.2/config/main.inc.php (if don't change here, you can login but Global Address Book can't be queried)
/etc/apache2/conf.d/awstats.conf
/etc/apache2/conf.d/cluebringer.conf
/etc/amavis/conf.d/50-user
/etc/phpldapadmin/config.php (this seems to not working)
/usr/share/phpldapadmin/config/config.php
/usr/share/apache2/iRedAdmin-0.2.2/setting.ini
/opt/iRedAPD-1.4.1/setting.py