Topic: Throttle Outgoing(Forwards) Emails specific to a domain

Gmail has been throttling out emails that are forwarding to gmail.com and google apps account.

Our system has detected an unusual rate of 421-4.7.0 unsolicited mail originating from your IP address. To protect our 421-4.7.0 users from spam, mail sent from your IP address has been temporarily 421-4.7.0 blocked. Please visit http://www.google.com/mail/help/bulk_mail.html 421 4.7.0 to review our Bulk Email Senders Guidelines. n10si2454219qcd.56 - gsmtp (in reply to end of DATA command))

All the emails that are being forward are not spam and legit. What we are looking to do is one of 2 things

1) Throttle external from address specific to an address so that if they are sending us to many emails at once we would limit them

or

2) Throttle outgoing emails to gmail.com to only do so many at a time etc.

I am guessing option 1 would be better as we know what emails are the one sending bulk stuff.

Were is the email from configured?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Throttle Outgoing(Forwards) Emails specific to a domain

I guess some mail accounts were cracked by weak password, and used to send spam. I suggest you set password to a long and complex enough one to avoid this.

No emails are hacked.

All the emails are legit cause they are from SASS systems. Basically just need to rate limit the emails going out to gmail.com or rate limit from address.

Alright I was able to change the coun_max per from emails in the mysql server.