Re: Wishlist for iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL/PGSQL

+1 for being able to have "domain admins" manage more than 1 domain.

Currently you have to choose between 'global admin' and 'domain admin', something in the middle would be nice since a lot of our clients will have someone in house who manages accounts across several domain names.

We don't want to give them global admin privileges for obvious reasons but we dont want to have lots of separate admin accounts which they would need to log in and out of to switch domains.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

bw1984 wrote:

+1 for being able to have "domain admins" manage more than 1 domain.

Request accepted. I will achieve it soon, but not in upcoming release, sorry about this.

I created an issue to help you track it: https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredmail/issu … -to-manage

53 (edited by hferreira 2013-08-07 21:31:30)

A few ideias that came to my mind:

- The Quarantine email tab as an option to check the email hearders spam score etc. Expand that option to the sent and received email tabs (omitting the body of the message if easier).

- Having the possibility to select an email in either of the 3 tabs and declare the email as spam or ham it would be very useful. Basically something along the lines of what MailScanner does with the MailWatch web interface.

- When realeasing an email having a text field to enter an alternate recipient for that email;

- Having the mail queue of postfix in the panel, similar to what webmin does;

- If possible parse the postfix, dovecot, amavis and other relevant software logs into a database so it can show in the iredamin panel.

Another one:

- With the creation of the domain have an option to create some aliases by default (postmaster, webmaster, abuse and hostmaster) given that some of this addresses are RFC standars I think it could be useful. Postfix Admin has this feature for example.

An idea about the pagination that would make it easier to use:

- Add the pagination to the top of the page as well (currently only at the bottom of the page, such as at the domain list). This will make it easier to switch the page if you don't hit the right one the first time (you don't have to scroll all the way to the bottom each time).

Here I am again.

On the email received list identify with background colors (green, light red, etc) the emails that we're marked as spam and went to the users mailbox anyway and the emails that went to the users mailbox because the domain/ip is the whitelist.

In similar faction on the quarantine page have the blacklist emails with one background color, virus with another, and son for the banned and spam types.

hferreira wrote:

- The Quarantine email tab as an option to check the email hearders spam score etc. Expand that option to the sent and received email tabs (omitting the body of the message if easier).

After expanding quarantined email, you can see all mail headers.

hferreira wrote:

- Having the possibility to select an email in either of the 3 tabs and declare the email as spam or ham it would be very useful.

Implementing this in iRedAdmin-Pro with some checkboxes/buttons should be easy, but the problem is, how we report it as spam/ham. We don't have necessary settings in iRedMail part, especially SpamAssassin.

hferreira wrote:

- When realeasing an email having a text field to enter an alternate recipient for that email;

Just curious, why? Why not release to original recipient? Why mail to an alternate recipient?

hferreira wrote:

- Having the mail queue of postfix in the panel, similar to what webmin does;

No plan. Sorry.

hferreira wrote:

- If possible parse the postfix, dovecot, amavis and other relevant software logs into a database so it can show in the iredamin panel.

I have the same idea, we can do many things to improve mail service by scanning the mail log files. But this is a big project, i have no enough time for this. Sorry.

hferreira wrote:

- With the creation of the domain have an option to create some aliases by default (postmaster, webmaster, abuse and hostmaster) given that some of this addresses are RFC standars I think it could be useful. Postfix Admin has this feature for example.

The problem is, we are creating a new domain, what should we do with this alias accounts? Forward to an external email address as domain admin? Or forward to another new mail user (e.g. postmaster@)?

Unksi wrote:

- Add the pagination to the top of the page as well (currently only at the bottom of the page, such as at the domain list). This will make it easier to switch the page if you don't hit the right one the first time (you don't have to scroll all the way to the bottom each time).

Will try. Thanks. smile

Oh, hferreira, i really hope you can write short sentences instead of just a long one, i'm trying hard to understand what you want to say. sad

hferreira wrote:

On the email received list identify with background colors (green, light red, etc) the emails that we're marked as spam and went to the users mailbox anyway and the emails that went to the users mailbox because the domain/ip is the whitelist.

Sorry, i don't quite understand what it's.

61 (edited by hferreira 2013-08-08 08:26:54)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
hferreira wrote:

After expanding quarantined email, you can see all mail headers.

What I meant was having that option in the Sent emails list and in the received email list.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
hferreira wrote:

- Having the possibility to select an email in either of the 3 tabs and declare the email as spam or ham it would be very useful.

Implementing this in iRedAdmin-Pro with some checkboxes/buttons should be easy, but the problem is, how we report it as spam/ham. We don't have necessary settings in iRedMail part, especially SpamAssassin.

I don't know either but maybe through bayes learning database in similar faction to the roundcube marked as spam feature. Or via amavis DB

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
hferreira wrote:

Just curious, why? Why not release to original recipient? Why mail to an alternate recipient?

It was useful to me in some situations with some customers. A lot of my suggestions are based in what I can do with MailScanner.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
hferreira wrote:

I have the same idea, we can do many things to improve mail service by scanning the mail log files. But this is a big project, i have no enough time for this. Sorry.

How about try some third party software integration to save time? Octopussy maybe works (http://www.8pussy.org/)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Oh, hferreira, i really hope you can write short sentences instead of just a long one, i'm trying hard to understand what you want to say. sad

hferreira wrote:

Sorry, i don't quite understand what it's.

I'll try to explain myself better. tongue

What I meant was in the received email list having the emails that we're marked as spam but not quarantined highlighted with some color like it's already with emails that have virus. Once again this is based in MailScanner.

Look at this image for a better description:

http://i1-scripts.softpedia-static.com/ … -19048.png

hferreira wrote:

What I meant was having that option in the Sent emails list and in the received email list.

This is impossible.
Amavisd stores very basic info of Sent/Received emails, it doesn't store mail headers, so you cannot view mail headers at all.

hferreira wrote:

I don't know either but maybe through bayes learning database in similar faction to the roundcube marked as spam feature. Or via amavis DB

This is what Bayes does, but we don't have proper Bayes implementation in iRedMail.
Check this wiki tutorial for reference:
http://iredmail.org/wiki/index.php?titl … yes.In.SQL

hferreira wrote:
ZhangHuangbin wrote:

It was useful to me in some situations with some customers.

Would you mind sharing with us?

hferreira wrote:

How about try some third party software integration to save time? Octopussy maybe works (http://www.8pussy.org/)

Did you try it or run it in production server? Is it really what you want?

hferreira wrote:

What I meant was in the received email list having the emails that we're marked as spam but not quarantined highlighted with some color like it's already with emails that have virus. Once again this is based in MailScanner.
Look at this image for a better description:

Come on, short sentences please. sad

I guess i understand your point this time with the screenshot. But we have no plan for this, sorry.

With 1.7.0, support for domain admins with multiple domains was introduced. However, I can't find a way to find which domains the admin can administrate, or which admins the domain has, other than checking directly from the DB. I have suggestions to make this more user friendly:

- Add a section to the domain admin user information page (where you can set the user quota etc), implying which domains the user can administrate. Perhaps a checkbox-list containing only the domains he can administrate would suffice, you don't need to add new domains from here, however removing admin access would be nifty.

- At the domain settings page, there is the "Domain Admins" section. You can add new domain admins from there, however it does not indicate if there are any admins currently. It would be nice if those admins that are marked as an admin for that domain would be ticked already when the page loads, so you can see who has access to this domain and who doesn't.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

This is impossible.
Amavisd stores very basic info of Sent/Received emails, it doesn't store mail headers, so you cannot view mail headers at all.

Not even the spam score? It would be useful to check how the spam filters are working, even on clean email.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

This is what Bayes does, but we don't have proper Bayes implementation in iRedMail.
Check this wiki tutorial for reference:

Maybe the checkboxes/buttons, when selected, could redirect the specified email (or copy of it) to a folder named SPAM (or HAM). Then a cron job would run sa-learn on those folders. Another way could be running queries directly on the bayes database.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

The problem is, we are creating a new domain, what should we do with this alias accounts? Forward to an external email address as domain admin? Or forward to another new mail user (e.g. postmaster@)?

I can give you my old server example. It's a multiple domain system. Every alias (abuse, hostmaster, postmaster and webmaster) is created by default when creating a new domain if I choose to (via a checkbox). If I choose to create it, it will be forward to our main domain equivalent address (Ex: postmaster@newdomain.tld -> postmaster@maindomain).

Unksi wrote:

I can't find a way to find which domains the admin can administrate, or which admins the domain has

1) To check which admins the domain has, you can click 'Admins' in the sub-navigation bar while you visiting user list. (or access URL httpS://your_server/iredadmin/admins/[domain_name] directly for a test)
2) To check which domains the admin can administrate:
+ If admin is a separate admin account, not a mail user, there will be a checkbox-list of all and managed domains in admin profile page, under tab "General". You can assign/remove domains here.
+ if admin is a mail user, no checkbox-list of all and managed domains in account profile page. Currently, if admin is mail user, it can administrate only current domain, no other domains. So we didn't show a checkbox-list of domains in account profile page.

Some customers requested to let admin (which is a mail user account) manage multiple domains, we will improve this in future release of iRedAdmin-Pro. We're now working on Cluebringer support, have to delay this.

Unksi wrote:

- At the domain settings page, there is the "Domain Admins" section. You can add new domain admins from there, however it does not indicate if there are any admins currently. It would be nice if those admins that are marked as an admin for that domain would be ticked already when the page loads, so you can see who has access to this domain and who doesn't.

it will checked currently assigned admin. You can verify it.

hferreira wrote:

I can give you my old server example. It's a multiple domain system. Every alias (abuse, hostmaster, postmaster and webmaster) is created by default when creating a new domain if I choose to (via a checkbox). If I choose to create it, it will be forward to our main domain equivalent address (Ex: postmaster@newdomain.tld -> postmaster@maindomain).

Would you mind sharing me a screenshot of this setting while creating new domain?

Hi,

Is there any plans implementing feature that would give some admins ability to
create more email domains on their own? This could be some number of domains
that is set by global admin for other admins. Maybe even quota that they could
share among domains they create.

This has been discussed earlier about an year ago and it would give nice self-service
for most of our customers.

Hi tentacle,

It's on my todo list. Working on Cluebringer support for next release of iRedAdmin-Pro, the feature you request has to be delayed. Sorry about this.

Hi,

Nice to hear it's on the list still.

Thanks!

Emidio Reggiani wrote:

Can be added a per-domain "Advanced" tab (same as users) to enable/disable POP3/SMTP/IMAP/... for a whole domain?

Implemented in development edition, will be available in next release. smile