1 (edited by matteo.frakka 2013-08-08 00:43:01)

Topic: Awstats - Unable to login.

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.5
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6.4 64bit
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: /var/log/httpd/ssl_access_log
====

Fresh install, completed today. I've imported only the ldif and mail archives (no mysql db or apache configurations) from a previous install of iRedMail LDAP on a Debian Squeeze, following your instructions. All seems to work fine (postfix, dovecot, iredadmin, phpmyadmin, phpldap, rouncdube, etc...), except for awstats logins:

192.168.200.220 - - [07/Aug/2013:18:18:27 +0200] "GET /awstats/awstats.pl?config=web HTTP/1.1" 401 513
192.168.200.220 - postmaster@mydomain.it [07/Aug/2013:18:18:43 +0200] "GET /awstats/awstats.pl?config=web HTTP/1.1" 401 513

If I comment out "Require valid-user" in /etc/httpd/conf.d/awstats.conf I can access to awstats, so seems that the problem is with apache authorization module or its binding to LDAP.
What I should check?
Account and password for bind to LDAP are fine...

I've installed SoGO 2.x on the same server, which it binds to iRedMail LDAP...

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Awstats - Unable to login.

matteo.frakka wrote:

If I comment out "Require valid-user" in /etc/httpd/conf.d/awstats.conf I can access to awstats, so seems that the problem is with apache authorization module or its binding to LDAP.

Without 'Require valid-user', there's no user authentication while accessing Awstats. It's accessible for everyone.
Could you please show us file /etc/httpd/conf.d/awstats.conf here to help troubleshoot? Do you have correct LDAP related info in it?

WARNING: Remove password in this file before posting.

#
# File generated by iRedMail (2013.08.06.13.44.15):
#
# Version:  0.8.5
# Project:  http://www.iredmail.org/
#
# Community: http://www.iredmail.org/forum/
#

# Note: Please refer to /etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf for SSL/TLS setting.
#Alias /awstats/icon "/usr/share/awstats/wwwroot/icon/"
#Alias /awstats/css "/usr/share/awstats/wwwroot/css/"
#Alias /awstats/js "/usr/share/awstats/wwwroot/js/"
#ScriptAlias /awstats "/usr/share/awstats/wwwroot/cgi-bin/"

<Directory /usr/share/awstats/wwwroot/cgi-bin/>
    DirectoryIndex awstats.pl
    Options ExecCGI
    Order allow,deny
    allow from all
    allow from 127.0.0.1

AuthName "Authorization Required"
    AuthType Basic

AuthBasicProvider ldap
    AuthzLDAPAuthoritative   Off

AuthLDAPUrl   ldap://127.0.0.1:389/o=domains,dc=fracassetti,dc=lan?mail?sub?(&(objectclass=mailUser)(accountStatus=active)(enabledService=domainadmin)(domainGlobalAdmin=yes))

AuthLDAPBindDN "cn=vmail,dc=fracassetti,dc=lan"
    AuthLDAPBindPassword "-----------------------------------"

Require valid-user
</Directory>

AuthLDAPUrl is one 1 line.
Password for user "vmaill" match with one in "iRedMail.tips"

I had comment out 'Require valid-user' to ensure that awstast was full working without auth.

May be an issue with the crypto used to send password to ldap??

Does below command return something?

# ldapsearch -x -D 'cn=vmail,dc=fracassetti,dc=lan' -b 'o=domains,dc=fracassetti,dc=lan' (&(objectclass=mailUser)(accountStatus=active)(enabledService=domainadmin)(domainGlobalAdmin=yes))

NOTE: It will prompt to input password of cn=vmail,dc=fracassetti,dc=lan.

Sorry for delay, I didn't receive any notify about your reply. That command gives me an error:

-bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('

Anyway I think to have found the issue: The "AuthLDAPUrl" string seems to be wrong.

Mine is (from fresh install but after restoring LDAP from previus setup):

ldap://127.0.0.1:389/o=domains,dc=fracassetti,dc=lan?mail?sub?(&(objectclass=mailUser)(accountStatus=active)(enabledService=domainadmin)(domainGlobalAdmin=yes))

But trying this search with phpLDAPAdmin it gives me no results: There is no user with objectclass=mailUser, accountStatus=active, enabledService=domainadmin and domainGlobalAdmin=yes in the subtree "o=domains,dc=fracassetti,dc=lan".
In fact, user "postmaster@fracassetti.it" is registered in subtree "o=domainAdmins,dc=fracassetti,dc=lan" with this definitions:

mail=postmaster@fracassetti.it
    dn    mail=postmaster@fracassetti.it,o=domainAdmins,dc=fracassetti,dc=lan
    accountStatus     active
    cn                      postmaster
    domainGlobalAdmin    yes
    enabledService    awstats
    givenName    postmaster
    Email    postmaster@fracassetti.it
    objectClass    mailAdmin
                                shadowAccount
    preferredLanguage    en_US
    User Name    postmaster
    Password    ****************

so this user simply can't be used to login to awstats.

To allow postmaster@fracassetti.it to login in awstats the AuthLDAPUrl string should be changed as follow:

#    Require that authorized user is ("active") AND (("mailUser" AND "Domainadmin") OR "GlobalAdmin=yes" )
#    AuthLDAPUrl   ldap://127.0.0.1:389/dc=fracassetti,dc=lan?mail?sub?(&(accountStatus=active)(|(&(objectclass=mailUser)(enabledService=domainadmin))(domainGlobalAdmin=yes))) TLS

or

#    Require that authorized users satisfy 3 conditions: "accountStatus=active" AND ("GlobalAdmin=yes" OR "enabledService=awstats" OR "enabledService=domainadmin" ) AND ( "objectclass=mailUser" OR "objectclass=mailAdmin").
     AuthLDAPUrl   ldap://127.0.0.1:389/dc=fracassetti,dc=lan?mail?sub?(&(accountStatus=active)(|(enabledService=awstats)(enabledService=domainadmin)(domainGlobalAdmin=yes))(|(objectclass=mailUser)(objectclass=mailAdmin))) TLS

In both "TLS" at the end is not required for authentication but it works.
Using this AuthLDAPUrl I can now login to awstats using postmaster account.

P.S:
Sorry for my English but is late night...

7 (edited by matteo.frakka 2013-08-23 06:27:07)

[matteo@server-centos ~]$ ldapsearch -x -D 'cn=vmail,dc=fracassetti,dc=lan' -w '<password>' -b 'o=domains,dc=fracassetti,dc=lan' "(&(objectclass=mailUser)(accountStatus=active)(enabledService=domainadmin)(domainGlobalAdmin=yes))"

# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <o=domains,dc=fracassetti,dc=lan> with scope subtree
# filter: (&(objectclass=mailUser)(accountStatus=active)(enabledService=domainadmin)(domainGlobalAdmin=yes))
# requesting: ALL
#

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 1

[matteo@server-centos ~]$ ldapsearch -x -D 'cn=vmail,dc=fracassetti,dc=lan' -w '<password>' -b 'dc=fracassetti,dc=lan' "(&(objectclass=mailUser)(accountStatus=active)(enabledService=domainadmin)(domainGlobalAdmin=yes))"
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <dc=fracassetti,dc=lan> with scope subtree
# filter: (&(objectclass=mailUser)(accountStatus=active)(enabledService=domainadmin)(domainGlobalAdmin=yes))
#

# search result

It confirms that user "postmaster@fracassetti.it" can't login in awstats due to is out of the search scope defined by AuthLDAPUrl, right?

[matteo@server-centos ~]$ ldapsearch -x -D 'cn=vmail,dc=fracassetti,dc=lan' -w '<password>' -b 'dc=fracassetti,dc=lan' "(&(accountStatus=active)(|(enabledService=awstats)(enabledService=domainadmin)(domainGlobalAdmin=yes))(|(objectclass=mailUser)(objectclass=mailAdmin)))"
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# filter: (&(accountStatus=active)(|(enabledService=awstats)(enabledService=domainadmin)(domainGlobalAdmin=yes))(|(objectclass=mailUser)(objectclass=mailAdmin)))
#

# postmaster@fracassetti.it, domainAdmins, fracassetti.lan
dn: mail=postmaster@fracassetti.it,o=domainAdmins,dc=fracassetti,dc=lan
objectClass: mailAdmin
objectClass: shadowAccount
objectClass: top
uid: postmaster
givenName: postmaster
mail: postmaster@fracassetti.it
domainGlobalAdmin: yes
enabledService: awstats
preferredLanguage: en_US
cn: postmaster
accountStatus: active
userPassword:: <enc_password>

# search result

# numResponses: 2
# numEntries: 1

Sorry, my mistake, forgot to quote query filter. Try this one:

# ldapsearch -x -D 'cn=vmail,dc=fracassetti,dc=lan' -b 'o=domains,dc=fracassetti,dc=lan' "(&(objectclass=mailUser)(accountStatus=active)(domainGlobalAdmin=yes))"

Yet done, in the first and second quote of my post on "Today 00:26:29"

In the first there is the response to a search performed using your AuthLDAPUrl:

[matteo@server-centos ~]$ ldapsearch -x -D 'cn=vmail,dc=fracassetti,dc=lan' -w '<password>' -b 'o=domains,dc=fracassetti,dc=lan' "(&(objectclass=mailUser)(accountStatus=active)(enabledService=domainadmin)(domainGlobalAdmin=yes))"

# extended LDIF
    #
    # LDAPv3
    # base <o=domains,dc=fracassetti,dc=lan> with scope subtree
    #

# search result

In the second there is the same search extended to the whole tree dc=fracassetti,dc=lan but with the same results:

[matteo@server-centos ~]$ ldapsearch -x -D 'cn=vmail,dc=fracassetti,dc=lan' -w '<password>' -b 'dc=fracassetti,dc=lan' "(&(objectclass=mailUser)(accountStatus=active)(enabledService=domainadmin)(domainGlobalAdmin=yes))"
    # extended LDIF
    #
    # LDAPv3
    #

# search result

The last quote is the search response of a modified AuthLDAPUrl that works for me: I think that the default AuthLDAPUrl in awstats configuration file is wrong...

Please, my ldap filter doesn't have "enabledService=domainadmin". So, please try again.

11 (edited by matteo.frakka 2013-08-27 03:04:51)

Is the same:

[root@server-centos matteo]# ldapsearch -x -D 'cn=vmail,dc=fracassetti,dc=lan' -w '<password>' -b 'o=domainAdmins,dc=fracassetti,dc=lan' "(&(objectclass=mailUser)(accountStatus=active)(domainGlobalAdmin=yes))"
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <o=domainAdmins,dc=fracassetti,dc=lan> with scope subtree
# filter: (&(objectclass=mailUser)(accountStatus=active)(domainGlobalAdmin=yes))
#

# search result

[root@server-centos vsftpd]# ldapsearch -x -D 'cn=vmail,dc=fracassetti,dc=lan' -w '<password>' -b 'dc=fracassetti,dc=lan' "(&(objectclass=mailUser)(accountStatus=active)(domainGlobalAdmin=yes))"
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# filter: (&(objectclass=mailUser)(accountStatus=active)(domainGlobalAdmin=yes))
#

# search result

Anyway I'm pretty sure to have no modified your ldap filter from stock install before trying to debug the issue. I've restored from backup only the ldap database...

matteo.frakka wrote:

# postmaster@fracassetti.it, domainAdmins, fracassetti.lan
dn: mail=postmaster@fracassetti.it,o=domainAdmins,dc=fracassetti,dc=lan
objectClass: mailAdmin

Oh, I just saw this, this admin account is a standalone mail admin account, not a mail user which has admin privilege. Sorry about my mistake.

You can try to use below one as LDAP filter in awstats.conf:

(&(accountStatus=active)(domainGlobalAdmin=yes)(|(objectclass=mailUser)(objectclass=mailAdmin)))

We recommend to mark normal mail user as domain admin or global admin, not creating a standalone mail admin account (it's not a mail user).

13 (edited by matteo.frakka 2013-08-29 06:14:24)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

We recommend to mark normal mail user as domain admin or global admin, not creating a standalone mail admin account (it's not a mail user).

This was the default user created by iRedMail during setup.

Tested your filter in a testing environment, this seems to work fine.
Thank you.

matteo.frakka wrote:

This was the default user created by iRedMail during setup.

It doesn't look right. iRedMail-0.8.5 will mark the first mail user as global domain admin, it doesn't create a separate mail admin account (objectClass=mailAdmin) at all.

You're right... As in the first post, the users db was imported from previous install (iRedMail 0.8.1 on debian squeeze) before testing awstats.

http://www.nexthardware.com/forum/appun … post856823

So postmaster@fracassetti.it should be the default user created by setup of the version 0.8.1.
Otherwise I must have done some changes that I don't remember: In this case, I'm sorry.