Topic: Optimizations to improve iredadminro panel load times?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.4
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: centos 6.4
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Are there any tweaks that can be done to speed up the admin "dashboard" load times?

I'm seeing extremely long delays when initially trying to login into admin panel.

I've already run cleanup_amavisd_db.py. It didn't seem to help out.

I imagine the latency is due to a large query or some sort of enumeration upon login. Its likely having a hard time with 32,000 accounts. How can we speed this up further?

ps once logged in and away from the "dashboard" it's quick, it's the loading of the dash that takes a while to load.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Optimizations to improve iredadminro panel load times?

It's a work around but it helps:
http://www.iredmail.org/forum/post16552.html#p16552

Hi amora,

*) How many days do you set to keep Amavisd records?
*) Which version of iRedAdmin-Pro are you running? The latest stable release improves tools/cleanup_amavisd_db.py, it will be better.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Hi amora,

*) How many days do you set to keep Amavisd records?
*) Which version of iRedAdmin-Pro are you running? The latest stable release improves tools/cleanup_amavisd_db.py, it will be better.

iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL-1.6.0

The issue is the sheer volume of accounts being processed. I used the above hack to redirect upon login to the /admin/system page...even redirecting to /domains was causing bad delays.

We have 4000+ domains processing emails. As of 3pm today the server has quarantined 28000 spam emails.

I'm bringing the CPU cores up to 16 to get more processing power out of amavisd.

We're still working the performance  kinks out.

SQL queries for Amavisd related stuff are complex, usually they query multiple SQL tables with INNER JOIN, LEFT JOIN, RIGHT JOIN. And Amavisd logs all sender/recipient emails in table "amavisd.maddr", this causes it has too many records, and slow down the queries.

Maybe we can simplify the SQL queries for you, with your running environment. You know, it's hard to tune it without a real, busy server. Let me know if you're willing to help. Thanks. smile

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

SQL queries for Amavisd related stuff are complex, usually they query multiple SQL tables with INNER JOIN, LEFT JOIN, RIGHT JOIN. And Amavisd logs all sender/recipient emails in table "amavisd.maddr", this causes it has too many records, and slow down the queries.

Maybe we can simplify the SQL queries for you, with your running environment. You know, it's hard to tune it without a real, busy server. Let me know if you're willing to help. Thanks. smile

I see no issue with helping the cause.

Please stand by however, we're quite a bit inundated with support at the moment. Were having to deploy additional content filter servers due to the massive amounts of spam that was carried over from the migration....it's causing a significant amount of mailq sluggishness.

OK, i will wait for your further inform. Feel free to contact me if i can help solve this issue.