Topic: Installaion Problems

I've tried to install iRedMail 0.5 today on a clean CentOS 5.3 server but I got the following error

< INFO > ==================== MySQL ====================
< INFO > Starting MySQL.
< INFO > Sleep 5 seconds for MySQL daemon initialize: 5s 4s 3s 2s 1s.
< INFO > Setting MySQL admin's password: root.
mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)'
Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' exists!
< INFO > Initialize MySQL database.
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
< INFO > Generating SQL template for postfix virtual hosts: /root/iRedMail-0.5.0-rc1/conf/mysql_vmail.sql.
< INFO > Import postfix virtual hosts/users: /root/iRedMail-0.5.0-rc1/conf/mysql_vmail.sql.ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)                [ FAILED ]

because of this erro no databases have been created and also the permissions.

although I give the installer password for MySQL administrator but  I can login  without password
mysql -p

please help.......

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Installaion Problems

Try to start mysql manually and find out the root case, fix it and make sure it won't exist in your next installation -- yes, you have to re-install iRedMail with a fresh SO again.

MySQL is working fine now. I can start and stop the service without any problem, and without password.
I 've installed it in another server and the same problem happend.
I'm wondring if I installed mysql on the server before installing iRed Mail again?

fifawe wrote:

MySQL is working fine now. I can start and stop the service without any problem, and without password.
I 've installed it in another server and the same problem happend.
I'm wondring if I installed mysql on the server before installing iRed Mail again?

because if you install mysql and set the mysql password.

read the wiki, hope can help you.
http://code.google.com/p/iredmail/wiki/ … ation_Tips

MySQL was not installed before iRedMail setup.
Thanks for the hints link it was useful to know the location of sql scripts. I've create the DB manually using these scripts and the server is working now fine.

the new issue now is I "email user" can't change my password from roundecube webmail, It gives me the following error

DATABASE ERROR: CONNECTION FAILED!

and  the maillog

DB Error: _doConnect: [Error message: Access denied for user 'roundcube'@'localhost' (using password: YES)] [Native code: 1045] [Native message: Access denied for user 'roundcube'@'localhost' (using password: YES)]  ** mysqli(mysqli)://roundcube:xxx@@localhost/vmail in /var/www/roundcubemail-0.2.1/program/include/rcube_mdb2.php on line 100 (POST /webmail/?_task=settings&_action=save-changepasswd)

Thanks shake and ZhangHuangbin   for your help

fifawe wrote:

DB Error: _doConnect: [Error message: Access denied for user 'roundcube'@'localhost' (using password: YES)] [Native code: 1045] [Native message: Access denied for user 'roundcube'@'localhost' (using password: YES)]  ** mysqli(mysqli)://roundcube:xxx@@localhost/vmail in /var/www/roundcubemail-0.2.1/program/include/rcube_mdb2.php on line 100 (POST /webmail/?_task=settings&_action=save-changepasswd)

Execute mysql command to fix this permission issue:

$ mysql -uroot -p
mysql> GRANT UPDATE,SELECT ON vmail.mailbox TO roundcube@localhost;

I've already gave roundecube user full permission on vmail DB but it's the same error

Did you create 'roundcube' user in MySQL? set correct password?
configured in roundcubemail?

Yes I did and here is its priv

mysql> SHOW GRANTS FOR roundcube@localhost;
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Grants for roundcube@localhost                                                          |
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO 'roundcube'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD 'MYPASSWORD' |
| GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `roundcubemail`.* TO 'roundcube'@'localhost'                    |
| GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `vmail`.* TO 'roundcube'@'localhost' WITH GRANT OPTION          |
| GRANT SELECT, UPDATE ON `vmail`.`mailbox` TO 'roundcube'@'localhost'                    |

Are mysql username and password setting in roundcube correct?

I 've set it in one file only

/var/www/roundcubemail-0.2.1/config/db.inc.php

is there any other files?