Topic: Need Help Creating iRedMail Cluster Active/Passive

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.4
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 6.4 x86_64
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi All,

I need help to create iRedmail Cluster (HA) in Active / Passive environment.

I have two iRedmail Servers with iRedMail Version 0.8.4 with two different linux distribution version first one is CentOs 5.4 x86_64 and second one is CentOS 6.4 x86_64

Please provide me step by step instructions to create Cluster.

I am going to use these servers for bulk mail purpose and i have proper reverse DNS and DKIM , SPF records if any mail going from this server mail should be delivered to INBOX only on HOTMAIL,YAHOO,GMAIL etc ......

If any one already had this setup please help me.
Regards,
Kiran

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Need Help Creating iRedMail Cluster Active/Passive

kiran wrote:

====

Hi All,

I have two iRedmail Servers with iRedMail Version 0.8.4 with two different linux distribution version first one is CentOs 5.4 x86_64 and second one is CentOS 6.4 x86_64

I am going to use these servers for bulk mail purpose and i have proper reverse DNS and DKIM , SPF records if any mail going from this server mail should be delivered to INBOX only on HOTMAIL,YAHOO,GMAIL etc ......

Regards,
Kiran

Hi,

You can't cluster with two different version of OS, it has to be the exact same.  Its best to make a working server, clone it and then add the clustering.  Clustering is way to big an issue to describe in a post but you can start here:

http://clusterlabs.org/quickstart-redhat.html

thedukeness wrote:
kiran wrote:

====

Hi All,

Regards,
Kiran

Hi,

You can't cluster with two different version of OS, it has to be the exact same.  Its best to make a working server, clone it and then add the clustering.  Clustering is way to big an issue to describe in a post but you can start here:

http://clusterlabs.org/quickstart-redhat.html

if your using VMs just create 2 identical ired servers and run master-master mysql replication.

I say identical because upon a new install, new DB passwords and confs are made, if you ever needed to recover a dead master you would have to manually change all the DB passwords in the confs...not good and a big pain if your in a jam.

Add a 3rd node for a common nfs shared storage mount and you're done.

This way your active-active, obviously you'll need a load balancer Infront of these servers to distribute the and route the traffic.

Ideally, you should run active-passive failover load balancers, active-active ired servers and a fast glusterfs/drdb/zfs active-active storage...

FYI glusterfs is AWFUL for email file performance, even with using smb/nfs.

amora wrote:

I say identical because upon a new install, new DB passwords and confs are made, if you ever needed to recover a dead master you would have to manually change all the DB passwords in the confs...not good and a big pain if your in a jam.

All passwords are stored in file iRedMail-0.8.4/config, it's generated during iRedMail installation, so you can copy it to new server and deploy another iRedMail server - with exactly the same passwords.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
amora wrote:

All passwords are stored in file iRedMail-0.8.4/config, it's generated during iRedMail installation, so you can copy it to new server and deploy another iRedMail server - with exactly the same passwords.

Hi ZhangHuangbin and amora,

@ amora: I am not using vm's I have 2 separate mail server hardware machines.

@ ZhangHuangbin and amora : Thanks for reply I will upgrade my second MX server same as active server.

Before that here is my questions.

1) only mysql replication is enough to do this ?
2) regarding the cluster with pacemaker is that quick start documention is enough to clustering the mail server or do I need to add mail services separately ?
3) Glusterfs good idea but i don't have idea how to create master master replication with newer version.
4) I have 2 Harware Loadbalancers one is active and other one is passive.

Thanks & Regards,
Kiran