1 (edited by nerdtron09 2013-07-03 15:08:51)

Topic: Changing IP Address

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.4
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 12.04
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi zhang,

I would like to change the IP address of my iRedMail server. (same subnet as the old IP).
Besides the /etc/network/interfaces, are there any other config files that should be edited for iRedMail to properly function?

Thanks!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Changing IP Address

Possibly /etc/hosts... and also make sure DNS resolves the old hostname to the new IP

/etc/network/interfaces   - OK
/etc/hosts                       - OK
DNS is OK, were replacing an old server so I think there's no need to edit it.

So will it be OK then? No need to change postfix, dovecot or apache?

Thanks

Did you change the hostname? If yes, there are some changes you need to do... it's discussed here in the forum

Yes, hostname is ready.

"there are some changes you need to do... it's discussed here in the forum"

Can you enlighten where to look? I have tried searching "Change the IP Address" and I find little info about the topic itself.

- if you changed the IP and NOT the hostname (e.g. mail.domain.com), it's enough as you did above...
- if you changed also the hostname (e.g. from mail.domain.com to mail.othedomain.com) you should read about what you need to do here: http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic382- … tname.html

I did not change hostname and I hope I have little problems as possible.
Anyway I have bookmarked the link and I'll take a read to prepare any possible problems in the migration.
Thanks again.