Topic: How to create email user without using subdomain

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:  iRedMail-0.8.4
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): Mysql
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====Hi Team,

Thanks for a wonderful product, and its working good. But I dont want to create email users using subdomain

(i.e) user@demo.example.com

But I need to create user@example.com. Is there any chance to setup email like,

Please anyone help me to solve this issue

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: How to create email user without using subdomain

Can you clarify your point here?
When I install iRedMail, the with @example.com domain, the primary email address is postmaster@example.com and the address (URL bar) is mail.example.com
The only address with @mail.example.com is root which won't be used by regular users anyway.

You can also go to the admin page of iRedMail and create more users there. You can also verify there, what is your current domain.

You can create mail domain "example.com", no one force you to use subdomain. I guess there's something you feel confused.

As mentioned in iRedMail installation wizard, it prompts you cannot use the same mail domain as your server hostname. I guess you use 'example.com' as your server hostname, right? If so, please change your server hostname to something like 'mail.example.com', or 'mx.example.com' (or whatever you want), then you can use 'example.com'. It's a good idea to re-install iRedMail if it's still a testing server, to make thing easy.

Hi Friends,

What should i do in this step. Shall I skip and click next to this step.

http://static.howtoforge.com/images/ire … domain.png

You cannot skip this step. What's the problem to input your valid mail domain name in this step?