Topic: Yum Update killed dovecot

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.3
- Store mail accounts in which backend (MySQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  CentOS 6.4
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====
Did a yum update and dovecot failed to start on reboot. Errors listed below:
Jun 18 12:07:46 config: Error: Module is for different version 2.0.21: /usr/lib/dovecot/settings/libmanagesieve_login_settings.so
Jun 18 12:07:46 config: Error: Module is for different version 2.0.21: /usr/lib/dovecot/settings/libmanagesieve_settings.so

Managed to get it working by editing the enabled protocols line as below:
protocols = pop3 imap #sieve

What killed it and what am I missing ?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Yum Update killed dovecot

Did you update below 3 packages?

- dovecot-managesieve (0.2.6-22)
- dovecot-pigeonhole (0.2.6-22)
- dovecot (2.0.21)

3 (edited by Blocker 2013-06-19 09:36:27)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Did you update below 3 packages?

- dovecot-managesieve (0.2.6-22)
- dovecot-pigeonhole (0.2.6-22)
- dovecot (2.0.21)

Yum update on all three packages returns "No packages marked for Update"
If you mean did I download the latest packages and build them from scratch then no, that is against my policy of only updating from repositories.

*) Could you please show us output of command "yum repolist"?
*) iRedMail has Dovecot-2.0.21 in its own yum repo, do you have it enabled? http://www.iredmail.org/yum/rpms/6/

5 (edited by Blocker 2013-06-22 10:52:21)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

*) Could you please show us output of command "yum repolist"?
*) iRedMail has Dovecot-2.0.21 in its own yum repo, do you have it enabled? http://www.iredmail.org/yum/rpms/6/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
root@mail ~]# yum repolist
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, priorities, refresh-packagekit, security
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* base: syd.au.glomirror.com.au
* epel: mirror.web24.net.au
* rpmforge: mirror-fpt-telecom.fpt.net
* updates: centos.mirror.uber.com.au
183 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
repo id                                                      repo name                                                                                         status
base                                                         CentOS-6 - Base                                                                                      4,802
epel                                                         Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 6 - i386                                                      7,496+85
iRedMail                                                     iRedMail                                                                                             40+40
rpmforge                                                     RHEL 6 - RPMforge.net - dag                                                                       4,571+87
updates                                                      CentOS-6 - Updates                                                                                     623
repolist: 17,532
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes I have the iRedmail repo enabled. When I did the update it pulled in one dovecot file but that was all.. File shown below:

Jun 18 11:32:38 mail yum[28344]: Updated: 2:dovecot-managesieve-0.2.6-22.el6.i686

[EDIT] Ok, yum priorities for iRedMail repo is set lower to CentOS base, thus excluding the other Dovecot packages from the iRedMail repo. Whilst I can change the priority for the iRedMail repo, this tends to go against the whole reason for priorities in the first place. The base repos get the highest priority and all 3rd party repos get a lower priority, thus preventing conflicts and maintaining security. Any suggestions on how to get around this ?

iRedMail contains just few packages, it should be fine to set it to a higher priority.