Topic: Exchange Server

HI

i have a customer with a MS Exchange Server, the customer load the mails from server with the pop3 connector
this works fine. The customer have many accounts.

But when send a Mail have the MS Exchange Server only 1 Smtp connector for a user. How can i send form user@aaaa.com over smtp info@aaaa.com ? then info is the one and only smtp send account for the complete server.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Exchange Server

Please Help me

rnmrheinneckar wrote:

HI

i have a customer with a MS Exchange Server, the customer load the mails from server with the pop3 connector
this works fine. The customer have many accounts.

But when send a Mail have the MS Exchange Server only 1 Smtp connector for a user. How can i send form user@aaaa.com over smtp info@aaaa.com ? then info is the one and only smtp send account for the complete server.

I'm so sorry that i don't quite understand what your issue is. sad

Hi ZhangHuangbin,
I have a customer with the same problem, I'll try to explain in other words...

Normally, the email client (outlook, thunderbird, etc.) will connect to iredmail smtp server with username+password for each user of domain, so for example info@domain.tld will connect to the smpt with info@domain.tld + infopassword and marketing@domain.tld will connect to the smpt with marketing@domain.tld + marketingpassword, and so on.

With exchange server, the problem is that the exchange server can use only one smtp account server for all the mailboxes, for example info@domain.tld with relative password.
If a client send from info@domain.tld no problem occurs, but if another client try to send with another account like marketing@domain.tld the iredmail server can't send the email.

I hope it's clear now :-)

Thanks,
Alessio

Hi Alessio,

I'm so sorry that i don't quite understand what your issue is. sad

*) Please always create new topic for your own question, do not hijack others thread.
*) What do you mean "with relative password"? What's "relative password"?
*) Show us detailed error message please.

Hi ZhangHuangbin,
in these days I'm busy with the migration of our infrastructure on another datacenter  so I don't have time to explain the problem.
When I've finished the migration I'll open a new post and I'll try to explain as well as possible smile
Many thanks in advance for your support.

Alessio