Topic: Slow loading roundcube mail login
==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: iRedMail-0.8.4.tar
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 6.2 32bit
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: No error
hai Zhang, excuse me i want to ask about my iredmail server that i deployed approximately 2 weeks ago
i use the ldap backend.
1. At first instalation i use the domain name "mail.example.net", then a week later my manager force me to change to domain name to "mail.example.co.id". the mail server did the full service well at the first week. (at least 10 users in mail.example.co.id)
but after 2 weeks when i add all of employee of my company (about 50) and a few of maillist group, if we access the main login of roundcube (https://mail.example.co.id) it very slow. i use wireshark to watch the traffic, i am surprised that it showed 0.5 MB/s for 11 second in my laptop to access the roundcube login page. i am sorry i dont have the screen shot at the first time where mail server was deployed. but i can feel the differences between first week and 2 week. but except the http (mail), i use webmin, iredadmin, awstats etc, the traffic was normal, not slowing. is there any problem with my server or my server have attacked by virus or somethingelse ?? (i did check the var/log/maillog no errors, no spam)
Or did the ldap backend require much more greater server specification as the number of user raises ??
if i have login in to mail account everything loaded normally (loading time)
2. where is the location of mail queue and the blocked incoming mail (both detected spam and quarantine) ?? i think i need to clear that incoming mail. if the spam arrives to the users mail than so be it. its ok. i just wonder where is the destination inbox (temporary inbox maybe) except to the users inbox ??
3. how can i maintain to maintenance my iredmail mailserver ?? like antivirus, control and protecting from open relay
here is my specification of server :
Operating system CentOS Linux 6.2
Webmin version 1.620
Time on system Sun Jun 2 17:51:54 2013
Kernel and CPU Linux 2.6.32-220.el6.i686 on i686
Processor information Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.00GHz, 2 cores
CPU load averages 0.00 (1 min) 0.10 (5 mins) 0.13 (15 mins)
CPU usage 0% user, 0% kernel, 0% IO, 100% idle
Real memory 1006.53 MB total, 477.55 MB used
Virtual memory 1.97 GB total, 0 bytes used
Local disk space 144.77 GB total, 10.46 GB used
thanks. you did great job developing the iredmail.
Get fast and professional support from iRedMail developers: