1 (edited by tonyd 2013-05-15 02:47:53)

Topic: iRedAdmin Pro - adding a new address, wrong domain

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I have an issue with iRedAdmin Pro where when I try to add an email address while under a specific domain, only the Primary/Default domain is listed.  See image.  So I am, in affect, not able to add an address.  Have I missed something?

Thank you,

Post's attachments

113.png
113.png 81.62 kb, 3 downloads since 2013-05-14 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedAdmin Pro - adding a new address, wrong domain

Hi tonyd,

I cannot see the drop-down list clearly in your attached image, could you attach another one? Sorry.

Here you go...  Only the primary, or default, domain is listed.

Post's attachments

125.png
125.png 110.62 kb, 2 downloads since 2013-05-15 

And more weirdness...  And the dropdown will not display anything other than esedona.net.

Thank you,

tonyd

Post's attachments

Selection_126.png
Selection_126.png 15.87 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Selection_127.png
Selection_127.png 12.63 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

*) In the "Mail Address" field, please just input username part of email address, don't input '@domain_name'.
*) Could you capture screenshot of the drop-down list? I cannot see domains available in the list.

6 (edited by tonyd 2013-05-15 21:35:04)

Hi Zhang,

It is not me that is putting username@domain in the field, I know better than that smile.  It is populating itself with both the improper username but also the password.  I have tried several times to get a capture with the drop down open, not cooperating.  But you can take my word for it...  the only option is "esedona.net"

Thank you,

If you have several mail domains added with iRedAdmin-Pro, they should be all displayed in drop-down list. No idea why it happened yet, sorry about this trouble.

*) Did you try to logout and re-login? Same issue?
*) How about restarting Apache web service?

Hi Zhang,

I have tried all of he above, same issue.  Even before, doing the above mentions suggestions, I can now tell you that it only seems to be an issue with the original/first user, i.e. postmaster@esedona.net; which was the username used during installation of iRedMail.

Thank you

The orange boxes mean that they have been autofilled by the browser.

orphan,

Normally I would agree with you.  However, it doesn't matter what browser, computer, same for this user login.

No idea at all, sorry.

*) How many mail domains do you have on this server?
*) Were they added with iRedAdmin-Pro? or you added them manually (with LDAP/SQL command line tools)?

Zhang,

I have 6 domains.  All domains were created via the iRedAdmin Panel.

Thanks,

So sorry about this trouble. still no idea yet why it happened and what the problem is. Is it possible to let me login to your server for debugging?

A temporary solution is, specify the domain name in URL if you want to add new user under this domain. For example, to create mail user under domain "example.com", just type URL in your browser after logged in: httpS://[your_server]/iredadmin/create/user/example.com