Topic: Error: {'desc': "Can't contact LDAP server"}

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.4
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 12.10
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi,

I just created a clean installation, I tried LDAP as the backend this time. When tring to login to iredadmin portal I get this error:

Error: {'desc': "Can't contact LDAP server"}

I don't even know where to begin troubleshooting. Any ideas?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

2 (edited by mbaybarsk 2013-05-05 20:54:59)

Re: Error: {'desc': "Can't contact LDAP server"}

Ok I found out slapd was not able to start because of permissuon issues.

-rwx------ 1 root root 15960 May  5 04:38 /etc/ldap/schema/iredmail.schema --> What should the permissions be?

( I edited to 777 for a second and started, put 600 back, it's working until the next restart smile )

In addition to that, I can not login to "mydomain.org/iredadmin": vmailadmin@mydomain.org does not work with the password on iredmail.tips but I can login to phpldapadmin.

Error message: "Error: Password of cn=vmailadmin is incorrect."

Any ideas?

mbaybarsk wrote:

-rwx------ 1 root root 15960 May  5 04:38 /etc/ldap/schema/iredmail.schema --> What should the permissions be?

Try 0755.

mbaybarsk wrote:

Error message: "Error: Password of cn=vmailadmin is incorrect."

Do you have correct password of dn 'cn=vmailadmin,dc=xx,dc=xx' in iRedAdmin config file (/usr/share/apache2/iredadmin/settings.ini)? Please verify it with ldap command line tool or phpLDAPadmin (httpS://[your_server]/phpldapadmin/).