Topic: Starter questions on Ubuntu 13.04

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.4
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 13.04
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====
Hi,

first of all, I have some problems with SFP & DKIM records. I did what was described in the document:

The output is like this: (i changed the domain name etc, dont dig it)

;; ANSWER SECTION:
mydomain.org.           3600    IN      TXT     "v=DKIM1\; p=MIGfMsdffQC+RscB9+D.....ARwIDAQAB"
mydomain.org.           3600    IN      TXT     "v=spf1 mx mx:server.mydomain.org -all"

But the entry is wrong for some reason..

# amavisd-new testkeys
TESTING#1: dkim._domainkey.mydomain.org      => invalid (public key: not available)

Any idea why?

Also do you think SFP configuratin is ok? I don't thin haveing a instead of mx will make any difference in my case.
Can I test if it's working correctly? Without going through trying to send a fake email etc.

More questions will be coming smile

Thank you...

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Starter questions on Ubuntu 13.04

mbaybarsk wrote:

;; ANSWER SECTION:
mydomain.org.           3600    IN      TXT     "v=DKIM1\; p=MIGfMsdffQC+RscB9+D.....ARwIDAQAB"

*) Are you sure there's a "\" before ";"? The correct one should be "DKIM1;".
*) You can verify SPF records with online tools. Search "online spf verification" will show you some web sites. For example: http://www.kitterman.com/spf/validate.html

NOTE: Many DNS ISPs cache records for several hours, so maybe you need to wait for some time until it's activated.

3 (edited by mbaybarsk 2013-05-05 06:20:02)

First of all, I went back to a clean new Ubuntu 12.10.

Apperantly dig appends "\" it's not there when you do a TXT lookup on network-tools.com

Also, I have used this tool: http://www.mailradar.com/domainkeys/ to test SPF keys.

"The message does not have a domain key signature!
Domain-Key Status: NOT PASSED"

The mail header does not include that key. So for some reason my mail header does not include it. Why would that be?

Oops, my mistake. You must add DKIM key for DNS record "dkim._domainkey.mydomain.org" (as shown in command "amavisd showkeys" or "amavisd testkeys"), not "mydomain.org".

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Oops, my mistake. You must add DKIM key for DNS record "dkim._domainkey.mydomain.org" (as shown in command "amavisd showkeys" or "amavisd testkeys"), not "mydomain.org".

Ah that was so obvious... Sorry for that... Everything looks good... For now... smile

Thanks a lot Zhang!