1 (edited by HV 2013-05-02 16:11:32)

Topic: password plugin problem - rouncube

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
==== Hi,
I have a problem with password plugin after upgrade roundcube.
When I try to change password with the same password, it is looks fine:
Successfully saved
When I try to change the password with shorter then limit, it reports correctly:
Password must be at least 5 characters long.
When I try to change password with different string, it reports:
Could not save new password.

LOG: [Thu May 02 08:06:11 2013] [error] [client x.x.x.x] PHP Notice:  [1305] FUNCTION roundcubemail.update_passwd does not exist in /srv/www/roundcubemail-0.9.0/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube.php on line 1140, referer: https://mail.domain.com/mail/?_task=set … n.password

Thank you for your recommendation
Jan Volesak

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: iRedAdmin-Pro     v1.6.0 (MySQL),
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: openSUSE 12.2 (i586) / openSUSE 12.1 (x86_64)
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: password plugin problem
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: password plugin problem - rouncube

*) Did you sync settings of password plugin? Its config file should be /srv/www/roundcubemail/plugins/password/config.inc.php.
*) What's the related error message in Apache log file?

3 (edited by HV 2013-05-03 14:41:31)

I am sorry. You're right. I tried it but with wrong. I corrected it and now it works.
But I had to change this:
$rcmail_config['password_query'] = 'SELECT update_passwd(%c, %u)';
to:
$rcmail_config['password_query'] = "UPDATE vmail.mailbox SET password=%c,passwordlastchange=NOW() WHERE username=%u LIMIT 1";

Is it OK?

error message was:
[Fri May 03 08:30:07 2013] [error] [client x.x.x.x] PHP Warning:  Error writing to log file /srv/www/roundcubemail-0.9.0/logs/errors; Please check permissions in /srv/www/roundcubemail-0.9.0/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube.php on line 1056, referer: https://mail.domain.com/mail/?_task=set … n.password
[Fri May 03 08:30:07 2013] [error] [client x.x.x.x] PHP Notice:  [1305] FUNCTION vmail.update_passwd does not exist in /srv/www/roundcubemail-0.9.0/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube.php on line 1140, referer: https://mail.domain.com/mail/?_task=set … n.password

client x.x.x.x - my ip address
mail.domain.com - the system hostname

HV wrote:

Is it OK?

It's correct. This is exactly what iRedMail uses.

HV wrote:

error message was:

You didn't sync main.inc.php from old version to new version of Roundcube. e.g. log related settings. iRedMail configures Roundcube to log to syslog by default.

Also, directory /srv/www/roundcubemail-0.9.0/logs/ and /srv/www/roundcubemail-0.9.0/temp/ must be owned by Apache daemon user/group, so that your webmail user can upload attachments in email.