1 (edited by pdr 2013-04-17 22:07:49)

Topic: Domain quota problem

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.4
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6.4 Final
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi, I have some problems on my iredadmin-pro installation, the mos problematic one is domain quota not working at all. To summarize:

1. Domain quota does not work, I created a couple of users and send some test e-mails to fill up the quota, here's the quota info on painel: 100% (21 MB/3 MB). The quota per user is working fine.

2. The info about the domain quota utilization is bugged, for example, if my domain has 10GB quota and I create 2 users with 10GB quota each, the domain utilization will show as 100% (20 GB/10 GB). The only workaround I found is creating all users with unlimited quota.

3. When creating new users, if I left the mailbox quota field empty or set it to 0, the user will be created with the domain quota value instead, needless to say that this behavior is causing me problems because of the bug about domain quota info [item 2]. Every time I create a user, I have to edit it and manually set his mailbox quota to 0 (unlimited).

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Domain quota problem

Sorry about this trouble, i will try to reproduce this issue later and fix the problem. Will get back to you later.

Ok, I will wait for your feedback.

Thanks!

Any news about this issue?

Hi @pdr,

Sorry about this trouble. Confirmed it's a bug in the latest iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP-1.9.0.

Attachment is the patch for iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP-1.9.0. You can apply it with below steps:

1) Download attached patch, upload it to your server which has iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP-1.9.0 running. Assume uploaded file is
/root/ldap_domain_quota.patch.
2) Change working directory to the root directory of iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP-1.9.0. For example:

# cd /var/www/iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP-1.9.0/

3) Verify the patch with command 'patch --dry-run -p1':

# patch --dry-run -p1 < /root/ldap_domain_quota.patch
patching file libs/ldaplib/connUtils.py
patching file templates/default/ldap/user/create.html

4) If you got the SAME output message, it's safe to apply it without '--dry-run' immediately:

# patch -p1 < /root/ldap_domain_quota.patch

5) Restart Apache web server to reload patched file.

That's all. Let me know whether it works for you or not.

Post's attachments

ldap_domain_quota.patch 1.88 kb, 5 downloads since 2013-04-25 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

After applying the patch and restarted Apache, I changed the domain quota to 5MB to do some testing:

1) I created a user with the mailbox quota field empty, the user was automatically created with 5MB quota (domain quota). I tried to create another user and got an error saying that domain quota was full.

2) I deleted the user to be able to create a new one, this time I set the mailbox quota field to 0 (unlimited) and the user was automatically created with 5MB quota (domain quota), same behavior above.

3) Then I proceeded to test the domain quota and it still not work. Users with unlimited quota - defined manually after creation because of bug [item 2] - are still able to receive e-mails after their quota exceeded the value set for the domain quota. For example, I was able to have a user with 9MB mailbox even though the domain quota is 5MB.

Thanks for looking into this matter.

pdr wrote:

3) Then I proceeded to test the domain quota and it still not work. Users with unlimited quota - defined manually after creation because of bug [item 2] - are still able to receive e-mails after their quota exceeded the value set for the domain quota. For example, I was able to have a user with 9MB mailbox even though the domain quota is 5MB.

Sorry, what do you mean "defined manually after creation"? How did you set unlimited quota manually? With iRedAdmin-Pro, or other tools like phpLDAPadmin?

Due to the bug reported in item 2, I cannot create a new user with unlimited quota, so after creation I changed the user settings and set the mailbox quota field to 0 (unlimited) in iRedAdmin-Pro.

News?

I am eagerly awaiting for any feedback about this issue.

Per-domain mail quota was the most important feature that influenced us to buy iRedAdmin-Pro.

You can imagine how frustrated I am after discovering that it not work.

Hi @pdr,

So sorry about this trouble. I fixed this issue moment ago, and attachment is the patch. Please let me know whether it works for you or not.

Post's attachments

mailbox_quota.patch 1.74 kb, 7 downloads since 2013-05-05 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.