Topic: General Inquiry: Quota Enforcement
==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 8.4
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): mysql
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 6.x
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: none
We're currently looking into migrating our aging qmail-vpop/dovecot cluster over to iredmail-Pro.
I'd just like to know how iRedmail-Pro handles quota enforcement.
- Does it have the capability of notifying our ticketing system(ie emailing out a breech of quota email) if a user has consumed their quota?
- Once a user has reached it's quota limit, what mechanism does Iredmail employ to prohibit the user from receiving additional email? Its there a lock user mechanism where the account auto locks down and stops accepting email?
Currently our qmail-vpop system will auto lock down an email account that has filled his/her mailbox quota. The only way the customer can receive new email is if they clear out space on their inbox.
This is an important feature as we have ~26,000 mailboxes and ~5,000 domains which need to be governed properly.
Get fast and professional support from iRedMail developers: