Topic: General Inquiry: Quota Enforcement

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 8.4
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): mysql
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 6.x
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: none
====

We're currently looking into migrating our aging qmail-vpop/dovecot cluster over to iredmail-Pro.

I'd just like to know how iRedmail-Pro handles quota enforcement.
- Does it have the capability of notifying our ticketing system(ie emailing out a breech of quota email) if a user has consumed their quota?
- Once a user has reached it's quota limit, what mechanism does Iredmail employ to prohibit the user from receiving additional email? Its there a lock user mechanism where the account auto locks down and stops accepting email?

Currently our qmail-vpop system will auto lock down an email account that has filled his/her mailbox quota. The only way the customer can receive new email is if they clear out space on their inbox.

This is an important feature as we have ~26,000 mailboxes and ~5,000 domains which need to be governed properly.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: General Inquiry: Quota Enforcement

Also, is there a mechanism for managing the mail queue top side @ the web GUI without having to drop down into shell to clear out a use who's been compromised and is mass spamming?

My second question as answered here:
http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic4780 … -mail.html

amora wrote:

- Does it have the capability of notifying our ticketing system(ie emailing out a breech of quota email) if a user has consumed their quota?

Dovecot (IMAP/POP3 server) will execute a script when user mailbox quota reaches 85% full (or 90%, 95%), you can modify the script to mail to your ticket system. The script is defined in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf (on CentOS 6.x) in block "service quota-warning {}", default is /usr/local/bin/dovecot-quota-warning.sh.

Thank you for the response.

Is will a breech of quota prohibit users from receiving email? Ideally we'd like to be able to restrict the mailbox from being used if their quota is over the limit.

Dovecot will reject further incoming emails if mailbox quota exceeded.

Is this feature only activated in the production "Pro" version? I'm curious because Development is happening utilizing the stripped down free version.

I've filled the email account with 22MB of mail, and dropped the quota to 5MB...emails still to come through.

amora wrote:

Is this feature only activated in the production "Pro" version? I'm curious because Development is happening utilizing the stripped down free version.

No. We have only one edition of iRedMail, it's free and open source. All mail services related features are implemented in iRedMail. When we talk about "Pro", we're talking about iRedAdmin-Pro (web admin panel for iRedMail).

amora wrote:

I've filled the email account with 22MB of mail, and dropped the quota to 5MB...emails still to come through.

*) How do you set the mail quota?
*) Any related log in Dovecot log file (/var/log/dovecot.log and /var/log/sieve.log)?
*) Any related log in Postfix log file (/var/log/maillog)?
*) Please show us output of command "dovecot -n" and "postconf -n" to help troubleshoot.