1 (edited by aniyan.rajan6 2013-04-18 21:06:53)

Topic: dkim invalid (public key: not available)

After installing iRedmail 0.8.4 in Debian/squeeze, I have setup the public key in the DNS settings as follows:

dkim._domainkey.mydomain.org
"v=DKIM1; p=MIGfMA0GC......"

Then I tested the key using the following command, but never get a pass. It shows invalid always. I tried regenerating the key and publish the new public key. But not working.

# amavisd-new testkeys
TESTING#1: dkim._domainkey.mydomain.org     => invalid (public key: not available)

Could you please help me to understand what went wrong ?

Thanks.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: dkim invalid (public key: not available)

Well, could you show your real domain name? so that we can help verify it with dig/nslook/etc.

3 (edited by aniyan.rajan6 2013-04-18 23:45:51)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Well, could you show your real domain name? so that we can help verify it with dig/nslook/etc.

Can I send it to support (at) iredmail.org ? Is this your email ID ?

Thanks.

aniyan.rajan6 wrote:

It's better to show us in this forum directly.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
aniyan.rajan6 wrote:

It's better to show us in this forum directly.

okay, but will it be harvested by domain based spams ? The forum doesn't allow me to send a private message to you too.

Well, please show us output of below command:

# dig -t txt dkim._domainkey.mydomain.org

Of course you should use the real domain name instead of "mydomain.org" while executing this command, you can hide the real name while pasting output here.

7 (edited by aniyan.rajan6 2013-04-20 12:22:23)

Hello Zhang,

I have solved the problem. I used the following spec. I removed the spaces in between and added an escape "\" as shown in the spec. And it passed "amavisd-new testkeys". I have used the key name as dkim._domainkey in the DNS entry, which is different in the spec. I used this format to ensure no complications with legacy systems.

http://dkimcore.org/specification.html

I have done until Step2. Will iRedMail and postfix take care from Step3 onwards, by default ? (From "Attach the token" onwards) ?

Thank you for the help.

If you passed "amavisd-new testkeys", all are OK. Just send a testing email to verify it.