Topic: Messages being delayed

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 1.5.1
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Here's an issue I've been seeing more and more lately. We conduct a lot of day-to-day business through e-mail. I've noticed, that when an email is sent to user1@domain.com, user2@domain.com, and user3@domain.com that e-mails to just one user sometimes don't get delivered until after a few hours.

For example, there was an e-mail addressed to 3 recipients. The first user got the e-mail within 5 minutes of being received...that's good. The second user didn't get the email until 2 hours after. Since it's been happening more and more, I decided to discuss this with you guys. Do you have an answer?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Messages being delayed

The iRedAdmin panel shows the received date at the time in which it SHOULD have been received. (9:50am this morning.) It came into Outlook at 11:35am with a time stamp of 11:35am.

Are you using Greylisting?

I suggest you to disable it: http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … reylisting

Good luck smile

I can confirm this is not a greylisting issue. We have already whitelisted the users domain, as we deal with a lot of business with him. Also, if it were a greylisting issue, why would it have been shown as received at 9:50am for both users, and show up at 11:35am for only one of them?

Hi @cchristm,

Please show us related log in Postfix log file. It's hard to help troubleshoot without related log.

Which log would you like to troubleshoot. Sorry it took so long to get back, I got married and was in Jamaica for the last 2 weeks.

cchristm wrote:

Sorry it took so long to get back, I got married and was in Jamaica for the last 2 weeks.

Woo, congrats, enjoy your honeymoon. smile

cchristm wrote:

Which log would you like to troubleshoot.

Please extract related log in Postfix log file, /var/log/maillog. We need log of full smtp session related to this email.