Topic: starting httpd: httpd: bad user name iredadmin
==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: iRedMail-0.8.4
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6.4
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
I just finished installing iRedMail and wanted to try it when I noticed that the httpd daemon was not running. When I tried to start it, I got this error message:
$ service httpd start
starting httpd: httpd: bad user name iredadmin
I noticed that the iredadmin user was specified in the /var/www/iredadmin/settings.ini file. The password appeared to be an MD5 hash (or something similar).
Do I need to create the iredadmin user locally? If so, what password should I use?
- Urgent issue? Pay iRedMail developer to solve it remotely at $39.