Topic: outlook configuration

I need help to solve this problem

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

504 5.5.2 < >: Helo command rejected: need fully-qualified hostname

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: outlook configuration

check your server hostname if you use iredmail

I check my server hostname, but nothing change. I use outlook as mail client

Are you using iRedMail? Which version do you use?

Roger, if you are using a bad hostname for your mail server, things like this happen:

NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from unknown[xx.xx.xx.xx]: 504 5.5.2 <hyfjfrwsdfgka02421>: Helo command rejected: need fully-qualified hostname;

Well, you would like your mail server to receive mail from hosts like hyfjfrwsdfgka02421 instead of, for example, stmp-008.serious-domain.com?

Most spammers are doing the same thing, but I'll assume that you're not a spammer (although 70% of all spams received on my server is coming from spammers who use iRedMail themselves sad, probably because it's too easy to install).

If you really want your mail to get accepted by serious mail servers, you need to setup a domain for it, register your mail server as MX, put some SPF and DKIM records and so on.

And especially, add the proper hostname in all configuration files, like postfix, amavis etc. (iRedMail is already doing this, so I don't know why yours isn't working).

can microsoft outlook work for iredmail server

iRedMail provides standard POP3/IMAP services, of course outlook works with them.