Topic: Restore Mail Account Passwords

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.3
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 12.04
====

Hello,

I want to restore a user's password from a old iRedMail install. I've migrated all mail accounts, vmail directory on a new server and I just want to use the same password for a particular user.

I have a dump of the LDAP databases, is their a way to restore just a certain part of the database (which is the user's account itself).

What if I re-create the user's account on the new server, then I backup the database, edit the ldif file by copy/pasting the password string from the old backup and restore the database with the new password string ?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Restore Mail Account Passwords

iRedMail stores password in SSHA hash for LDAP backend by default, you can restore it with phpLDAPadmin:

*) Login to phpLDAPadmin and find the certain account.
*) Click the account, phpLDAPadmin will show you full LDAP attributes in right panel. You can find password input box.
*) Choose "clear" as password hash, then paste the SSHA password string ({SSHA}xxxxx} in it and save.

That's all.