1 (edited by axelgenus 2009-12-12 02:24:23)

Topic: Moving...

Hi guys,

I'm moving my old server to a new one and I've decided to avoid commercial web panels such as cPanel, Plesk Panel, DIrectAdmin and such. I've already configured some webhosting servers manually and this time I wanted to give iRedMain a try. I managed to install it on Debian Lenny with no issues and all the components seem to work just fine, however I've got a couple of questions to ask:

1) By default, does iRedMail configure Postfix and Dovecot to use maildir or mbox? (it would be great if I could choose what I prefer during the configuration stage)
2) Is it possible to change the mails' storage directory name (i.e. vmail01 -> clients)?
3) Is there any project out there which integrates itself with a iRedMail made systems?

Thank you for this great application. I'm also intrested in iRedAdmin and maybe I'll buy the Enterprise version. wink

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Moving...

axelgenus wrote:

1) By default, does iRedMail configure Postfix and Dovecot to use maildir or mbox?

Maildir by default.
mbox is not recommended due to low performance and other issues, jusr search 'mbox vs maildir' in google.

(it would be great if I could choose what I prefer during the configuration stage)

You can change it in 'conf/global' file BEFORE installation, but i won't give one more dialog page to let user choose it. Because we don't have reason to use mbox on new server anymore, so, the less choices the better.

2) Is it possible to change the mails' storage directory name (i.e. vmail01 -> clients)?

Quite easy, please search ''storagebasedirectory' in forum.

3) Is there any project out there which integrates itself with a iRedMail made systems?

i don't know, but it's easy to integrate third party solutions in iRedMail (LDAP backend is better).

3 (edited by axelgenus 2009-12-12 20:51:01)

Thank you for the quick answers. I use maildir on my old server so it's better this way: I just need to copy the old maildir's content in the new one to make it work.

I used the LDAP backend so I would like to know if there's anyway I could integrate mail's accounts with other services such as FTP.

axelgenus wrote:

I used the LDAP backend so I would like to know if there's anyway I could integrate mail's accounts with other services such as FTP.

It's ready for your use: http://iredmail.org/doc.html#integration

Man, you're great!

BTW, where is stored the storagebasedirectory attribute?

axelgenus wrote:

BTW, where is stored the storagebasedirectory attribute?

If you use LDAP backend, it's one attribute of user object.
If you use MySQL backend, it's a column in vmail.mailbox table.

7 (edited by axelgenus 2009-12-12 22:01:16)

That's a per-user attribute but how can I change it globally, even for new users?

EDIT: To be more precise, I would like to have the following schema for mailbox' maildirs:

/srv/mail/<domain>/<username>/

But I also want to create them automatically from iRedAdmin when I add new accounts.

Thank you.

Two steps:

- In conf/global, set MAILDIR_STYPE BEFORE installation:

# Maildir style: hashed, normal.
export MAILDIR_STYLE='normal'

- In settings.ini of iRedAdmin, set:

# Hashed maildir: True, False.
# Example:
#   - hashed: domain.ltd/u/us/use/username-2009.09.04.12.05.33/
#   - non-hashed: domain.ltd/username-2009.09.04.12.05.33/
# hashed maildir is RECOMMEND for better performance.
hashed_maildir = False

9 (edited by axelgenus 2009-12-13 00:30:34)

Good!

EDIT: Found by myself the rest. Thank you again.