==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
==== ==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.3
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 6.0 Kernel 2.6.32-308.8.2.el5.028stab101.1
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi all,

I installed iRedMail on a server and all seemed fine, I can send and receive emails just fine with most people based on Gmail, or a postfix based servers. When i send emails to Yahoo they go directly to the spam folder and Hotmail does not even show that it has been delivered.

This is what I set up and have tried;
- I set up DNS PTR for reverse DNS.
- Followed the guides for setting up DKIM and SPF in my DNS.
- Checked to see if my domain is blacklisted (its not, its used strictly for work purposes and no spamming ever)

I have checked the email header in Gmail and shows that its passed SPF and DKIM signed.
When I add the domain to my Hotmail safe senders list, emails from my domain go through but if I don't have the domain in that list emails don't arrive at all in the inbox.

Anyone experienced this kind of problem with Yahoo/Hotmail in the past? Unfortunately they make up a large part of accounts out there. At the moment anyone using these services I try to contact does not receive any emails from me.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: yahoo hotmail and aol dont accept emails from iredmail

*) Yahoo! uses DomainKeys instead of DKIM, so maybe you can use another software to sign DomainKeys in outgoing emails.
*) No idea about Hotmail, sorry.

Re: yahoo hotmail and aol dont accept emails from iredmail

Thank you for the reply Zhang.

I managed to sort this out; it appears that this can happen as a result of more than just one cause.

For me I had switched off spam and anti virus checking hence yahoo and hotmail did not like that. Yahoo would mark the mail as spam and hotmail would simply delete it and not show it in the first instance. In the pursuit of resolving this I have learned a lot about DNS and email and for that am grateful.

I also came across this post on serverfault.com http://serverfault.com/questions/434703 … -my-emails
might be of interest to others that experience this or a similar problem.

Kid regards