Topic: Maximum number of concurrent IMAP connections exceeded - Again

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.3
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 12.04 64bit
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

The above error, on which I had started another thread (now closed), on has re-appeared 24 hours later after it seemed fixed.
I had set
     mail_max_userip_connections = 100

Now when the above error shows on cilent's computers, the following shows in /var/log/dovecot.log:

Mar 01 17:54:45 master: Warning: service(imap-login): process_limit (100) reached, client connections are being dropped

So I looked at this again, and I found that in the current version, dovecot defaults for the logins to
service_count = 1, which means that it spawns a new process for each user logging in.
There is a default limit of 100 so I have exceeded this with my 200 mailboxes.

Seems that I need to add something like this into dovecot.conf:

default_process_limit = 1024

as there is no mention of any of it in the existing config (meaning it uses the defaults.
Can you confirm that this will handle it, in your experience?

It would be also nice to set the default a big higher, and explicitly in the config file,
as 100 is very low, as you can read here:  http://wiki2.dovecot.org/LoginProcess

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Maximum number of concurrent IMAP connections exceeded - Again

Upcoming release of iRedMail will have a default "process_limit = 500" for IMAP service. It doesn't touch "default_process_limit".