Topic: Problems sending internal mail and mail to outside

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.3
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I have instaled iRedMail on a FRESH, working Ubuntu 12.04 LTS version.
I have installed iRedMail 0.8.3 without no problems during the installation.
I have access to admin it via web from the other computers of the network.
Until here everything is OK.

I have a network with various (20) windows pc, all of them with their mail accounts configured on Thunderbird (2 different domains).
I have the mail service contracted with an external enterprise but want to send it all by postfix with iRedMail and test it to probably buy iRedMail-pro.

I have registered the 2 different domains that I use and registered one user on each one to test the system.
I have some problems with the mail sending system and I don't know how to solve them:
    - The mails sent between these two users are accessible by roundcube but do not arrive in their thunderbird accounts (for incoming mails I initially want to continue using the external contracted service)
    - These 2 users cannot send mails to the other users of the network (Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table)
    - These 2 users cannot send mails to outside directions containing the symbol "-" in the domain (Recipient address rejected: Domain not found)

main.cf wrote:

# See /usr/share/postfix/main.cf.dist for a commented, more complete version

# Debian specific:  Specifying a file name will cause the first
# line of that file to be used as the name.  The Debian default
# is /etc/mailname.
#myorigin = /etc/mailname

smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name (Ubuntu)
biff = no

# appending .domain is the MUA's job.
append_dot_mydomain = no

# Uncomment the next line to generate "delayed mail" warnings
#delay_warning_time = 4h

readme_directory = no

# TLS parameters
smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/ssl/certs/iRedMail_CA.pem
smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/ssl/private/iRedMail.key
smtpd_use_tls=yes
smtpd_tls_session_cache_database = btree:${data_directory}/smtpd_scache
smtp_tls_session_cache_database = btree:${data_directory}/smtp_scache

# See /usr/share/doc/postfix/TLS_README.gz in the postfix-doc package for
# information on enabling SSL in the smtp client.

myhostname = ubuntuserver.fopertek.com
alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases
alias_database = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases
myorigin = ubuntuserver.fopertek.com
mydestination = $myhostname, localhost, localhost.localdomain, localhost.$myhostname
relayhost =
mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8
mailbox_size_limit = 0
recipient_delimiter = +
inet_interfaces = all
inet_protocols = ipv4
virtual_alias_domains =
mydomain = fopertek.com
mynetworks_style = subnet
smtpd_data_restrictions = reject_unauth_pipelining
smtpd_reject_unlisted_recipient = yes
smtpd_reject_unlisted_sender = yes
smtpd_sender_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, reject_sender_login_mismatch, permit_sasl_authenticated
delay_warning_time = 0h
maximal_queue_lifetime = 1d
bounce_queue_lifetime = 1d
proxy_read_maps = $canonical_maps $lmtp_generic_maps $local_recipient_maps $mydestination $mynetworks $recipient_bcc_maps $recipient_canonical_maps $relay_domains $relay_recipient_maps $relocated_maps $sender_bcc_maps $sender_canonical_maps $smtp_generic_maps $smtpd_sender_login_maps $transport_maps $virtual_alias_domains $virtual_alias_maps $virtual_mailbox_domains $virtual_mailbox_maps $smtpd_sender_restrictions
smtp_data_init_timeout = 240s
smtp_data_xfer_timeout = 600s
smtpd_helo_required = yes
smtpd_helo_restrictions = permit_mynetworks,permit_sasl_authenticated, check_helo_access pcre:/etc/postfix/helo_access.pcre
queue_run_delay = 300s
minimal_backoff_time = 300s
maximal_backoff_time = 4000s
enable_original_recipient = no
disable_vrfy_command = yes
home_mailbox = Maildir/
allow_min_user = no
message_size_limit = 15728640
virtual_minimum_uid = 1001
virtual_uid_maps = static:1001
virtual_gid_maps = static:1001
virtual_mailbox_base = /var/vmail
transport_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql/transport_maps_user.cf, proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql/transport_maps_domain.cf
virtual_mailbox_domains = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql/virtual_mailbox_domains.cf
virtual_mailbox_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql/virtual_mailbox_maps.cf
virtual_alias_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql/virtual_alias_maps.cf, proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql/domain_alias_maps.cf, proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql/catchall_maps.cf, proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql/domain_alias_catchall_maps.cf
sender_bcc_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql/sender_bcc_maps_user.cf, proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql/sender_bcc_maps_domain.cf
recipient_bcc_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql/recipient_bcc_maps_user.cf, proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql/recipient_bcc_maps_domain.cf
relay_domains = $mydestination, proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql/relay_domains.cf
smtpd_sender_login_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql/sender_login_maps.cf
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtpd_sasl_local_domain =
broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
smtpd_sasl_security_options = noanonymous
smtpd_sasl_authenticated_header = no
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = reject_unknown_sender_domain, reject_unknown_recipient_domain, reject_non_fqdn_sender, reject_non_fqdn_recipient, reject_unlisted_recipient, check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:7777, check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:10031, permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_unauth_destination, reject_non_fqdn_helo_hostname, reject_invalid_helo_hostname
smtpd_end_of_data_restrictions = check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:10031
smtpd_tls_security_level = may
smtpd_tls_loglevel = 0
smtpd_tls_CAfile = /etc/ssl/certs/iRedMail_CA.pem
tls_random_source = dev:/dev/urandom
mailbox_command = /usr/lib/dovecot/deliver
virtual_transport = dovecot
dovecot_destination_recipient_limit = 1
smtpd_sasl_type = dovecot
smtpd_sasl_path = ./dovecot-auth
content_filter = smtp-amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10024
smtp-amavis_destination_recipient_limit = 1

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Problems sending internal mail and mail to outside

If you have mail domain "example.com" hosted on your server, all emails sent to "@example.com" will be delivered locally. So i suggest you add two fake mail domains for testing.

These 2 users cannot send mails to outside directions containing the symbol "-" in the domain (Recipient address rejected: Domain not found)

Is this domain available while you perform DNS query? e.g.

# nslookup your-domain.com

3 (edited by Gistek-s 2013-02-25 22:55:55)

Hello ZhangHuangbin and thanks a lot for your quick reply.
I have the two domains added for testing.
I unnderstand that the mails between the domains added are delivered locally.

The result for "nslookup my-domain.com" is:
Server: 8.8.8.8
Address: 8.8.8.8#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: my-domain.com
Address: 212.142.144.10
Name: my-domanin.com
Address: 212.142.144.9

I have solved the prolblem adding the 2 google dns directions on /etc/resolv.conf

But the main problem (send mail to outside) is still ocurring.
When I send a mail to outside I receive this answer:

"<maildir@maildomain.com>: host mail.domain.es[194.30.0.71] said: 550 5.1.8
    <myiredmailuser@myiredmaildomain.com>: Sender address rejected: Domain not found (in
    reply to RCPT TO command)"

Gistek-s wrote:

<myiredmailuser@myiredmaildomain.com>: Sender address rejected: Domain not found (in

Seems Postfix cannot find recipient domain (maildomain.com in your case).

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

If you have mail domain "example.com" hosted on your server, all emails sent to "@example.com" will be delivered locally. So i suggest you add two fake mail domains for testing.

Can this type of sending be skipped by using a relay or a similar way?
What I want to test is to send a mail with the default user postmaster@mydomain.com to one of the accounts that already exists (contracted with an external enterprise ) with the same domain, for example gistek@mydomain.com
When I try to do it the program says me that the user gistek@mydomain.com does not exists (because I have not created it) and if I create it the mail is sent locally.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
Gistek-s wrote:

Seems Postfix cannot find recipient domain (maildomain.com in your case).

The problem is that the destination domain does not recognize the fake domain I have created to test so it does not accept the mail. Is there any way to solve this error (ussing a relay or similar)?

Is it possible for you to use a non-existing domain for testing?

7 (edited by Gistek-s 2013-02-26 23:34:25)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Is it possible for you to use a non-existing domain for testing?

Yes I can create a domain @test.com; but when I have tried to send with a non existing domain the receiver rejects it indicating that the sender domain is unknown.

I have tried to use the test domain i have added in iRedMail to send a mail from one of my real mail accounts (with the user and password from de iRedMail account) and I receive this message.

Error 553 "realaccount@myrealdomain.com" sender address rejected: not owned by user "postmaster@mytestiRedMaildomain.com"

How can I resolve this too?

Hello,

#transport_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql/transport_maps_user.cf
#virtual_mailbox_domains = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql/virtual_mailbox_domains.cf
#virtual_mailbox_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql/virtual_mailbox_maps.cf
#virtual_alias_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql/virtual_alias_maps.cf, proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql/domain_alias_maps.cf, proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql/catchall_maps.cf, proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql/domain_alias_catchall_maps.cf
#sender_bcc_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql/sender_bcc_maps_user.cf, proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql/sender_bcc_maps_domain.cf
#recipient_bcc_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql/recipient_bcc_maps_user.cf, proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql/recipient_bcc_maps_domain.cf

I commented these lines, as i have no use of it. Its sending mail out from my intranet to internet (other network) for same domain.

Gistek-s wrote:

I have tried to use the test domain i have added in iRedMail to send a mail from one of my real mail accounts (with the user and password from de iRedMail account) and I receive this message.

Error 553 "realaccount@myrealdomain.com" sender address rejected: not owned by user "postmaster@mytestiRedMaildomain.com"

Reference: http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic342- … -user.html
It's a good idea to search this forum before asking.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
Gistek-s wrote:

Reference: http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic342- … -user.html
It's a good idea to search this forum before asking.

Sorry for that!!
I have done what appeared in that topic and that problem I had was solved (I have added a question to the topic)
This configuration can resolve the problem and migth work "near" that the way I want the system to work.

I have a network with various (20) windows pc, all of them with their mail accounts (2 different domains) configured on Thunderbird that send internal e-mails and e-mails to outside and receive internal e-mails and mails from outside.
I have the mail service contracted with an external enterprise and what I want is:

1.- Send emails (internal and to outside) from the 2 domains I have by postfix+iRedMail; but only having to modify the thunderbird configuration in each pc to send mails, not to receive the mails (mails recieved by the mail service I have contracted).

2.- Once the point 1 is achieved the next step is to receive all the mails (internal and from outside) by postfix+iRedMail, and configure thunderbird on all pcs to receive the mails from my server.