Topic: NDRs / Per User Quarantine

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.3
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi, I am just wandering 2 things that I'd like a bit of feedback on.

1.) Is there anyway to filter NDRs from my mailserver to just one account to moderate, as NDRs going to each user means that they have to forward these to me, which is obviously time that could be better spent by them. It would be really nice if the NDRs that my mailserver generates could simply send all to one account?

2.) As far as I can see there is no form of per user moderation of spam, it is only the domain administrator who has access to iredadmin that can only do this, is this correct? If so, I'd like to look at adding this feature, and happy to contribute back to community once complete for anyone else who would like the feature. How I would envisage it working would be, a daily summary of all mails quarantined would be sent via email to each user showing the number of emails, subject and from address that are in quarantine for them, with a link to a page to enable them to release the mail should they believe it not to be spam. Where would be the most logical place to start to look into this?

Thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: NDRs / Per User Quarantine

jonnyholt wrote:

1.) Is there anyway to filter NDRs from my mailserver to just one account to moderate, as NDRs going to each user means that they have to forward these to me, which is obviously time that could be better spent by them. It would be really nice if the NDRs that my mailserver generates could simply send all to one account?

No idea, sorry. NDR should go to sender, not admin.

But maybe you can use Postfix header/body check to detect NDRs, then forward them to admin account instead. Just an idea, i didn't try it before. It may not work.

jonnyholt wrote:

2.) As far as I can see there is no form of per user moderation of spam, it is only the domain administrator who has access to iredadmin that can only do this, is this correct? If so, I'd like to look at adding this feature, and happy to contribute back to community once complete for anyone else who would like the feature. How I would envisage it working would be, a daily summary of all mails quarantined would be sent via email to each user showing the number of emails, subject and from address that are in quarantine for them, with a link to a page to enable them to release the mail should they believe it not to be spam. Where would be the most logical place to start to look into this?

Here's my opinion, feedbacks/suggestions/advices are all welcome.

1) I thought about this feature before, but if you want to let user make decision, why not disable quarantining directly? SPAMs go to user mailboxes directly, user can delete or keep it. No need to bother admin at all.

2) If you still want to quarantine SPAMs, but doesn't want to manage (release or delete) them, how about this:

[+] Write a shell/python script (or whatever programming language you prefer) to check quarantined emails stored in SQL server, if there're some, generate a HTML email with proper info (subject, sender, date, mail body (if you want)) of quarantined mails, place action buttons beside each email. For example: "Release this email immediately", "Delete it, i don't want this".

[+] When user click "Release this email immediately", it goes to (e.g. HTTP POST) specified URL on your mail server. Of source this URL must be served by some application which can release and delete quarantined emails. The application parses HTTP POST requests and release it if valid.

[+] Setup cron job to execute your script in a certain period. e.g. every 10 minutes.