Topic: Sendmail to iRedmail Migration

Sendmail Setup : Sendmail (mbox format) + Dovecot + Squirrelmail

I like to migrate a Sendmail Mail Server to iRedMail. I've isolated the usernames from the "/etc/passwd" file and stored them into a text file. (Total no.of users > 500)

Similar to this,
[root@mail ~]# cat user.txt
user1
user2
user3

My plan is to initially set each user's usernames as their password, which they can latter change through the Roundcube interface. For this purpose I intend on using the "create_mail_user_MySQL.sh" script supplied with iRedMail.

# sh create_mail_user_MySQL.sh domain.ltd newuser [newuser2 newuser3 ...]

Because of the large no.of users ( > 500 users) it would be impossible for me to supply each username at the command prompt. My question is will it be possible to make the script loop through the text file line by line to create the appropriate sql file through shell scripting. Thanks in advance. Other ideas for doing a migration are also welcome.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Sendmail to iRedmail Migration

That's easy:

# bash create_mail_user_MySQL.sh domain.ltd $(cat user.txt)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

That's easy:

# bash create_mail_user_MySQL.sh domain.ltd $(cat user.txt)

Thank you very much.Works very well. You are a Genius.

Same here. I need to migrate a "Sendmail+dovecot+Squirrelmail" Mail Server to "iRedMail+Postfix+ldap+Roundcube" Mail Server.

Can anybody tell me the Migration Path for all Users, Mailboxes, Sent/Drafts/Trash Folders to the New Mail Server.

Any help will be very much appreciated

*) For migrating mail user, please refer to our scripts used to create new mail users: https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredmail/src/ … at=default (create_mail_user_*)

*) For migrating mailboxes: iRedMail uses Maildir format by default, so if you use the same format with Sendmail, you can simply copy mailboxes (includes Sent/Drafts/Trash folders) to iRedMail server.

cool! it's easy to migrate users.
And,Mailbox should change to maildir first,you can use mb2md tools.

But, how to migrate the user's password ?

now163 wrote:

But, how to migrate the user's password ?

It's easy too. Reference:
http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … ord.hashes