Topic: || Mail Logs in iRedAdminPro to export to Microsoft Excel ||

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8 latest
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6.3
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: maillog
====

We can view sent and receive logs in iRedAdminPro version
1. First thing I want is can I export these logs to Microsoft Excel if Yes how do I do it. If no can we add this feature as at many times I have to give these logs to the manangement for some issues with emails.
2. These logs which are stored are for 7 days can I extend the logs for say 1 month or probably if I have sufficient space of Hard Drive can I keep the Logs for 1 year if yes I do I do it.

Neil

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: || Mail Logs in iRedAdminPro to export to Microsoft Excel ||

indranil.kamulkar wrote:

1. First thing I want is can I export these logs to Microsoft Excel if Yes how do I do it. If no can we add this feature as at many times I have to give these logs to the manangement for some issues with emails.

This is not yet implemented in iRedAdmin-Pro, sorry.
How about write shell/python/perl/... script to query SQL server directly, and dump records to Excel file? With cron job, you can dump them every day.

indranil.kamulkar wrote:

2. These logs which are stored are for 7 days can I extend the logs for say 1 month or probably if I have sufficient space of Hard Drive can I keep the Logs for 1 year if yes I do I do it.

Sure you can, please update below two variables in libs/settings.py:

AMAVISD_REMOVE_MAILLOG_IN_DAYS = 7
AMAVISD_REMOVE_QUARANTINED_IN_DAYS = 7

Important notes:

1) It's strongly recommended to place all your settings in libs/settings_local.py to override settings in libs/settings.py, so that you don't need to sync settings after upgrading iRedAdmin-Pro.

2) You can keep logs of in/out emails as long as you want, but the more records you keep, the longer time it need while loading pages of Sent/Received Mails in iRedAdmin-Pro.

Re: || Mail Logs in iRedAdminPro to export to Microsoft Excel ||

Hi sorry I am not using MySQL but using LDAP extremely sorry for the wrong information provided.