1

Topic: New version of iRedOS is now available, ships iRedMail-0.7.1.

Dear users,

We now provide a new way to help install the latest iRedMail on CentOS 5.x. it's kickstart file. And standalone ISO image won't be available anymore.

What you need to do is:

  • Download and boot from official CentOS-5.x installation CD. either netinstall ISO, CD1 or DVD ISO is OK.

  • Type "linux ks=http://iredmail.org/files/ks/centos/5-latest.ks" in "boot:" prompt.

  • Press "Enter".

That's all.

It will always install the latest iRedMail for you, currently, it's v0.7.0.

Why we don't provide ISO image anymore:

  • To reduce our workflow.

  • Install the latest iRedMail in the easiest, simplest way.

Let us know your honest opinions. Feedback, suggestions are always welcome. smile

http://screenshots.iredmail.googlecode.com/hg/iredos/kickstart.png

2

Re: New version of iRedOS is now available, ships iRedMail-0.7.1.

I was trying to install latest iRedMail with CentOS5.6 CD1 (http://mirror1.ku.ac.th/centos/5.6/isos … n-1of7.iso) but it will ask me for CD2...

3

Re: New version of iRedOS is now available, ships iRedMail-0.7.1.

hata_ph wrote:

I was trying to install latest iRedMail with CentOS5.6 CD1 (http://mirror1.ku.ac.th/centos/5.6/isos … n-1of7.iso) but it will ask me for CD2...

Thanks for letting me know.

I removed "cdrom" setting in kickstart file, it will now ask installation media, could you help test it?

4

Re: New version of iRedOS is now available, ships iRedMail-0.7.1.

I have test it. but found still need CD2.

whether you have upgrade the kistart files?

5

Re: New version of iRedOS is now available, ships iRedMail-0.7.1.

Sorry, got it fixed moment ago, package 'ntp' and 'sendmail' require 2nd ISO. You can now retry it.
Works fine with netinstall ISO, CD1, or DVD ISO.

6

Re: New version of iRedOS is now available, ships iRedMail-0.7.1.

It work with only CD1. Still need to download around 70+ MB of packages thou tongue

7

Re: New version of iRedOS is now available, ships iRedMail-0.7.1.

hata_ph wrote:

It work with only CD1. Still need to download around 70+ MB of packages thou tongue

Yes.

It does reduce our workflow, and users can easily install the latest iRedMail. It also update the base OS to the latest update.

8

Re: New version of iRedOS is now available, ships iRedMail-0.7.1.

How could i install latest iRedMail in an environment that don't have internet access?

9

Re: New version of iRedOS is now available, ships iRedMail-0.7.1.

hata_ph wrote:

How could i install latest iRedMail in an environment that don't have internet access?

It's now impossible since we don't provide ISO image for iRedOS.

10

Re: New version of iRedOS is now available, ships iRedMail-0.7.1.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
hata_ph wrote:

How could i install latest iRedMail in an environment that don't have internet access?

It's now impossible since we don't provide ISO image for iRedOS.

Is there a way that the kickstart file to pull the installation file from a local network share folder instead from the net? Just create a local repo folder for iRedMail only and other component. It would be much more easy and smaller in size to download the who centos CD/DVD...

11

Re: New version of iRedOS is now available, ships iRedMail-0.7.1.

You can define you own yum repository in iRedMail-x.y.z/conf/global, like below:

    export YUM_UPDATE_REPO="http://iredmail.org/yum/rpms/${DISTRO_VERSION}/"                        

Then iRedMail will install all addition RPM packages from defined mirror site.

Also, you can copy this kickstart file to your local network. big_smile

12

Re: New version of iRedOS is now available, ships iRedMail-0.7.1.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

You can define you own yum repository in iRedMail-x.y.z/conf/global, like below:

    export YUM_UPDATE_REPO="http://iredmail.org/yum/rpms/${DISTRO_VERSION}/"                        

Then iRedMail will install all addition RPM packages from defined mirror site.

Also, you can copy this kickstart file to your local network. big_smile

Yes...I am using the kickstart file from my local network. It work but for the iRedMail and it dependencies still need direct internet access. What I was suggesting is to have a special repo to have all the required package for iRedMail only and I could copy or mirror it to my local network/hard disk and install it from there...

13

Re: New version of iRedOS is now available, ships iRedMail-0.7.1.

hata_ph wrote:

What I was suggesting is to have a special repo to have all the required package for iRedMail only

As i mentioned in above post, all RPM packages required in iRedMail are placed in http://iredmail.org/yum/rpms/.
Another repo is CentOS DVD iso.

14

Re: New version of iRedOS is now available, ships iRedMail-0.7.1.

Thanks for the advise. I try to rsync http://iredmail.org/yum/rpms/ but it encounter the error...

administrator@proxy:~/test$ rsync -avrt rsync://iredmail.org/yum/rpms/ ./
rsync: failed to connect to iredmail.org: Connection timed out (110)
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(122) [Receiver=3.0.7]

* I have no problem syncing with other ubuntu repo thou...

15

Re: New version of iRedOS is now available, ships iRedMail-0.7.1.

We don't have rsync server running in iredmail.org, try wget instead:

# wget -rL -c -m http://iredmail.org/yum/rpms/

16

Re: New version of iRedOS is now available, ships iRedMail-0.7.1.

ya...i am download it now but notice not all the required packages like mysql and openldap is in http://iredmail.org/yum/rpms/. Can you include it in there as well?

Sorry for the trouble caused.

17

Re: New version of iRedOS is now available, ships iRedMail-0.7.1.

hata_ph wrote:

ynot all the required packages like mysql and openldap is in http://iredmail.org/yum/rpms/.

This repository just provides binary packages which not shipped in RHEL/CentOS official ISO image, you have to enable their official DVD iso image as another repository.

18

Re: New version of iRedOS is now available, ships iRedMail-0.7.1.

Well...iRedMail just need a few packages from the DVD. Downloading the DVD which is in a big size seem a bit waste of time and size for me. But thanks for your info and advise...

19

Re: New version of iRedOS is now available, ships iRedMail-0.7.1.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

either

I boot netinstal cd and type linux ks=http://iredmail.org...... in boot prompt.
I choos http In the Installation method box.
web site name: ??????
CentOS directory: ????

Csaba

20

Re: New version of iRedOS is now available, ships iRedMail-0.7.1.

czirjak wrote:

I choos http In the Installation method box.
web site name: ??????
CentOS directory: ????

You can chooise one of CentOS mirror site:
http://www.centos.org/modules/tinyconte … .php?id=30

21

Re: New version of iRedOS is now available, ships iRedMail-0.7.1.

Can the kickstart file be used with centos 6?

22

Re: New version of iRedOS is now available, ships iRedMail-0.7.1.

No, it doesn't (fully) work with CentOS 6.